Reviews for Wiccan
corioreo chapter 1 . 6/25/2007
This is beautiful. :) Nice, nice job, it's very truthful. Isn't it crazy what some people think about us?

If I had an account, this would go on my favorites; it's where it belongs.

Again, wonderful. :D
logical-unreason chapter 1 . 8/18/2004
You're going to rot and burn in hell demon. Soon the hour of judgement will be at hand as I shout abuse at you whilst I am in heaven and you burn in hell. There is no redemption for you witch.
APersonAndAHalf chapter 1 . 8/8/2004
This is EXCELLENT! Yay, I love this! You write it so beautifully, and I love towards the end where it's all nice...because the first part, the totally false image that Christians have of Wicca, was really creepy. But in a good way. In a good poem way. The image itself is creepy in a bad way...yeah...I'm not longer making sense, so that means I'm gonna be ending my review...now
SEP chapter 1 . 12/22/2003
Yay! Another Wiccan poem! I'm Wiccan, and love to hear people telling everyone that we don't worship Satan! I love it! Great poem, very well written.
Happy writing,
-SEP
Rhapsody chapter 1 . 11/19/2003
Wonderful, I know how it is to be called Spawn of Satan and people to run away from me because I'm Wiccan. Great poem
Kyaroru Fanel chapter 1 . 10/14/2003
This really soothed me...I relate to this as well. Elegant use of words, and I really liked the way your opinions were put in this.
romancingthemoon chapter 1 . 9/13/2003
I like this a lot...wiccas get so much bad rep and it's really stupid. It's just people not knowing what they're talking about because they're uneducated and closeminded...

getting off my soapbox now.

Thanks for a good read.
nuclear red chapter 1 . 8/19/2003
Couldn't have said it better myself, love. It's tough being a Wiccan, when everyone thinks you're evil. My own step-brother believes I am the antichrist. *rolls eyes* I'm sure if Mireault knew about us, she's have a hernia...(hey, even more reason to make it known! haha!) In my eyes, nothing could be more pure and worthy of praise than nature and peace itself. Anyways, wonderful poem.

Keep up the good work!

Always be yourself! :)

Love, hugs and velvet pants,

-El
Kuma Karie chapter 1 . 2/22/2003
great poem! i couldn't have said it better myself ;)
Moonlit Aria chapter 1 . 2/12/2003
I thoroughly enjoyed this poem and can merely say that it was very beautiful, touching, and true to the Wiccan beliefs. I am currently studying the aforementioned, though only within the last year, and have already received quite a number of ignorant accusations, though I will also confess to living in one of the most intolerant and ignorant areas of the United States.

It's difficult to overcome centuries of misinformation or simplistic assumptions, so much so that I cannot find but one person in my immediate area to speak with about my religious preference and ask questions to during my attempt to discover. But, I'm glad that you've expressed the truth of the matters in this lovely piece of poetry!

Just to note - on a previous review I read for this - that I heard somewhere that a passage of the King James Bible was rewritten to include "Witches" specifically, instead of something such as "heretics." Though, I'm in no way accusing people who read the previously mentioned of *anything* (as that seems to be a common assumption) . . . just pointing out something I'd read somewhere that I found interesting. Anyway.

As I said, it's beautiful and true! The celebration of nature, it's beauty, and being in harmony with it has nothing whatsoever to do with the evils of Satan. Again, I'm so very glad you wrote this poem - and I wish I could print it and hand it out to everyone who has accused me of eating babies on Halloween or coveting the devil.
KK chapter 1 . 2/6/2003
That is a really really good poem. I like how you took the most common stereotype of wicca and put it into a clearer focus for us. The part about the fact that ppl see you as a cannibal but really you dont eat meat is a good point. I loved it
Black Tangled Heart chapter 1 . 2/5/2003
In response to Nora, I was not trying to defame Christians in this poem. I was raised in a Protestant household, and do not regret my upbringing. I was not targeting all Christians when I referred to one woman; she is meant to symbolize anyone who is intolerant about Wicca purely because they are not informed about the faith. I did not intend to speak ill of any religion, as that would be going against my beliefs as a Wiccan.
Nora chapter 1 . 2/5/2003
I was offended by your depiction of Christians in this poem. It's not fair to complain about stereotypes and then apply them to other groups. That would be called hypocrisy. I am a Christian, yet I don't "yell myself hoarse" about the King James Bible." I respect other people (even Wiccans. . . yes, even some Christians respect Wiccans) and their right to practice their own religion. I suggest that you reform your ideas about other religions before complaining about other peoples.
avrilrox05 chapter 1 . 2/4/2003
so datz lyk a witch rite?/

cool
Touken chapter 1 . 2/1/2003
awesome. i couldn't have put it better. i can totally sympathise.