Reviews for I Am A Cutter
Emery chapter 1 . 4/22/2006
Yeah, because people like you have it so fucking hard, and your problems are no less than unbearable, that you have to resort to something so unproductive and downright pathetic to appease your self-loathing. It must be horrible in whatever first-world country you're living.

Spare me.

Here's some statistics for you: The self-harm rate of third-world countries are nearly thrice as low as that of first-world ones. That's because these people are used to suffering, and they deal with it using efficient solutions. It never occurs to them to hurt themselves and lose themselves to despair because they have to live with pain and hardship every single fucking day. People like you are so used to having everything handed to them that when they encounter a mere bump in the ever-so-cruel road of life, they freak out and feel like they've been done some injustice. Get over it. God didn't fail you, you failed yourself. Cut yourself if you like, but don't have the nerve to blame it on upbringing or experience. Because whatever overwhelming pain you think you're going through is a fucking dust mite compared to that of others. So yeah, I'd say it's trivial. Don't get me started on the domestic or professional disputes other people have to go through, little girl. You might just embarrass yourself. You don't know how good you have it; you don't have a RIGHT to complain.

And FYI: It's never been a question of conforming. We're not asking you to 'be' like us, we're asking you to get over it and try to overcome your problems in a way that actually works. Self-harm is destructive in a way that you hurt the people around you by imposing the act on them. They feel somehow responsible for causing it or preventing it. No wonder Korashio told him/her to go keel over already. Who wouldn't be sick and tired of putting up with this depressing, angsty, self-pitying shut you put them through? It's frustrating because it solves nothing. If its sole purpose is to make you somehow 'feel better' or 'express your pain', then it's a shitty excuse. Stop cutting yourself up like a leg of ham and do something, anything that actually works. I used to cut myself, and looking back on it, the only thing I feel ashamed of is how much I pained my family through it. You're so pathetic it's not even funny.
DaliDahmer chapter 1 . 11/27/2005
I know people are such dick heads just one person tells a hole school your a cutter the next day your shunned from everyone! grr! anyway wow your good dude!
Korashio chapter 1 . 9/2/2005
I know exactly how you feel. I to cut sometimes. I try not to and a friend of mine only makes things worse and tells me to go kill myself because he can't deal with the things I do. This was very well written.
RyanDrei chapter 1 . 5/20/2005
Wow...
Wistera chapter 1 . 2/28/2005
Wow, I love this. Explains how I feel precisely. And no, you can't fix me with glue. (Favourite part of the poem)
Always Changing chapter 1 . 2/28/2005
I really, really like this. You were able to make me feel the pain inside the poem. You're talented! Great job.
prayers for rain chapter 1 . 11/30/2004
That's just too true...people calling one insane or mad but just don't know why one deas it...
NNCS chapter 1 . 11/29/2004
this hit me personally...as i'm a cutter...trully sad and true at the same time...wonderful poem...keep up the good work...
shes toxic chapter 1 . 7/4/2004
this really hit close to home for me . . . as I am a cutter . . . I've never posted any of my poems about cutting on here but I think I might. I really like your style of writing . Good job , keep it up
Shattered Mirrors
Emerald Lynne Stonne chapter 1 . 5/7/2004
Talkin' about your parents divorice or sumthin?
I myself, as a cutter want to tell you: I'm not a freak either. haha. That's ok... it's good now. Keep Writing!
*Emmy*
Strawberry Spoon chapter 1 . 1/22/2004
I like it, I'm a cutter and I can relate to the emotions of the poem. I relate to how you feel when no-one understands. Keep Writing, Mel
IHJ chapter 1 . 11/11/2003
And now, nearly end of this year, you see so many "cutting" poems and self-admitted cutters. (I'm one of the latter.)

Nice rhyming and some good thoughts presented.

Izzy J.
KerouacandGin chapter 1 . 10/23/2003
Hey Emma..Its Katelyn. Wow girl, you sure have a lot of stuff! I like this poem a lot cause you know..I can relate. Its really good. )
One True Pirate chapter 1 . 6/24/2003
*blink* This is VERY good. Right after I read it, I remembered a lot of times when I was cutting, or people were assuming things...it sucks.
Thorn chapter 1 . 1/9/2003
It takes a lot to admit to self-injury. I've been there. People start acting careful around you, like you're loaded, ready to go off at any time. They just don't get it.