Reviews for I Am Not Forgotten
NervHQ PM chapter 1 . 5/17/2013
Thank you for sharing this poem. It truly means the world to the men who were there. We recite this poem every Memorial Day.
Shark9801 chapter 1 . 7/28/2011
That is so beautiful and wonderful! It reminds me of all my family members who have served in the military, so of them I never met but I'll never forget them.
half-sketched.staccatos chapter 1 . 11/12/2008
konban wa

When I read this I teared up. You see, my grandfather fought in WWII and, though survived the war, did not survive something as mundane as a car accident. I never met him; he died when my dad was only ten years old. For months now I have tried and tried to find possessions that once belonged to him - going through old boxes, finding a precious few belongings of his: his medals from the war and a few other pieces. When I read this, I suddenly felt as if he could have written it.

It is an eerie feeling to read something written by someone whom you know has died. Who has not actually published it - but a descendent of the person instead. The entire time I thought of my grandfather, and it was a beautiful thing - to read, that is. Painful but beautiful.

Ha det

-Shan-
Yisa chapter 1 . 7/3/2003
Wow... your dad must really be something... I enjoy reading this poem. My father was in a war too, so I can really understand how your dad felt _;;

I'm glad you shared this. It really is a great poem, I love the words he used... it brings picture and tears to my eyes... :)

~Yisa
Thorn chapter 1 . 1/9/2003
Wow. This is great and really gets the picture across- I'm really glad you posted this.