Reviews for The Dilemma
Javu'olianos chapter 1 . 5/12/2005
Excellent, I really hope to see you put more up. Then inner-conflict is really good. This really helped shed some light on things unknown to me, being raised without much thought to this kind of stuff. Again, very good.
Viresse430 chapter 1 . 6/13/2004
Interesting, I probably would have done the same thing. It was great reading his inner conflict, and finally realizing his parents were right.
vociferous chapter 1 . 6/13/2004
it's good. I'm a history student so i can fully understand the impact the Hitler Youth made on the young germans at that were able to handle his thoughts and actions with feeling and accuracy. i don't usually read stories like this so it's kinda just to let you know, it's a little improbable that johan and his parents would be ok with sheltering a jew b'cos the Germans(sadly), truly detested them.
Katiefoolery chapter 1 . 8/22/2003
Ah, cool, I liked this. You handled most things quite well, especially the parts where Johan is remembering things and this is intruding on the present. The device of the newspaper to set the time and place was good. I thought you built up the inner turmoil and conflict rather skilfully and I would like to see some more stuff from you! On a more practical side, I wanted to know where Johan's parents had got the Jewish boy from and how they had managed to hide the fact from their son. Apart from this, much praise to you for a story well-written.
Darth Gilthoron chapter 1 . 2/8/2003
Finally I'm here :)

First of all, you picked an unusual spelling for your main character; the name is most commonly spelled as "Johann". However, I happen to have a buddy who spells his name like you did.

But to turn to more important issues ;) I really liked your story. I liked how Johan recalls the others' words in his mind, how these voices keep coming back to him. When he forms his own opinion, it comes quite sudden, but well, why not? All in all, the character of the boy you're drawing is believable.

You're doing good work here. Keep it up!
ButtercupHarmony chapter 1 . 1/25/2003
Hey this is really good. Keep it up.
Lightbulby chapter 1 . 1/17/2003
I don't know much about the time-period, but I think I learned some just by reading this! I liked how he decided to form his own opinion. Keep writing!
Sierra4 chapter 1 . 1/13/2003
Fantastic.
GoodBye Everybody chapter 1 . 1/11/2003
This was an excellent read! I hope to read more historical works from you!

*The Mighty Sisto*