Reviews for Black Mold
Toadster chapter 1 . 6/24/2003
err...for some reason it almost remind me of Poe. The Fall of the House of Usher. Except it's the fall of the lilac tree too. Maybe you're like a reincarnation of Poe, could it be?
leningrad chapter 1 . 5/4/2003
Hello lorraine
sweetspontaneous chapter 1 . 3/28/2003
this is great. it reads like a metaphor, though i'm not sure it is- but it's the sort of thing i can happily turn over and examine from all angles for hours, loaded with symbols and contrast. it's dramatic, but i'm a sucker for drama. i like this a lot.
Tethys-Orion chapter 1 . 2/22/2003
wow girl, this is absolutely awesome-reminds me of the old science fiction stories of the fifties and sixties I used to read; but also with a touch of Poe to it. There is one such story, author unknown, about a hideous grey mold that invades everything in its path, animal, vegetable, or mineral . . it chills the blood as your story did and was even made into a "Suspense" radio show in the fifties. I don't see work of this quality much nowadays; and this is going on my favorites list . . . definitely.
Rose of Dresden chapter 1 . 1/31/2003
sorry I have been a while in reviewing this-

But anyhow. Stylistic and very well structured, I love the descriptions and immediacey. Wonderful, you should try more prose!
dreamshell chapter 1 . 1/30/2003
Very cool and eerie. Seems pretty Lovecraftian, you a fan of his? The only thing that bugs me is...I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE THING BEHIND THE DOOR IS! Good anyhow. :)
unexpected source chapter 1 . 1/28/2003
Oh Lorraine, albiet super stylistic, it is perfect. Its consuming and has such atmoshphere.

I love it.