Reviews for Cosmic Strife Saga: Alpha Squadron Trilogy
JaveHarron chapter 15 . 12/31/2005
Cool plot developments here. Secret weapons, hints of ominous conspiracies... I love it!
JaveHarron chapter 13 . 12/29/2005
I like this chapter. I found a minor error, though- "Another bullet buried itself into Martinez skull as well and the dead marine slumped over his makeshift station." Should be "Martinez's skull." Nothing major, though.
JaveHarron chapter 12 . 12/28/2005
Cool so far. I liked your political entanglements as well.
JaveHarron chapter 11 . 12/28/2005
I'm liking this so far. It's standard space combat, but you're doing it really well.
JaveHarron chapter 10 . 12/28/2005
As a fan and student of martial arts, I liked this chapter. So you use the gun-kata from Equilibrium? Rad.
JaveHarron chapter 5 . 12/28/2005
I'm enjoying this story so far. I like how you have actual weapons for different weapons- Anti-capital ship weapons, dogfighting weapons, and logical weapon types. I do like how the main small arms are slug-throwers, rather than blasters. One comment, though. I noticed a fighter model in this chapter is mentioned as having lasers. In real life, lasers do not make sounds and move at the speed of light when they fire, unlike Star Wars. I'm hoping, though, that you'll have logical space fight scenes, but I'll wait and see. Judging by the story so far, I think that's were its heading.
JaveHarron chapter 3 . 12/24/2005
I've checked this story out before, but sadly never had a chance to finish it. However, thanks to winter break, I will try. So far, loving the depth of this setting.
Shadow774 chapter 3 . 8/6/2005
What a cool idea! I love your writing style. I like the preface: enough information so that readers aren't left in the dark, and setting a flexible stage so that nothing is really set.

Keep writing! Well, not this one, 'cause it's already done, but keep writing other stuff! :D
RCS chapter 50 . 7/7/2005
Gripping battle scenes to end the tale. Thoroughly enjoyed this. Are there further stories from this universe in the works?
Mbwun chapter 51 . 6/29/2005
Hey, it was my pleasure, man. Great story. Way to go for finishing it, and I look forward to the sequel.

Mbwun chapter 50 . 6/29/2005
By far, one of the best stories I've ever read, period. Rough around the edges, sure, but with a few rounds with an editor, it'd be amazing. Storylines of proportions epic enough to rival BattleTech and tremendous battle scenes. Excellent character development-I particularly like where Lanceville is heading-and a cast that can't help but remind the reader of the massive scope of warfare. All in all, fucking brilliant.

Mbwun chapter 49 . 6/29/2005
Rad, rad, rad. Amazing end to Warrens, the bastard, and as for the slaying of Enygma, well, I always approve of killing major characters.

Though I would point out that there aren't shockwaves in space...

strider1 chapter 2 . 6/27/2005
Okay next comment, again I don't normally review without more of a story to go on, however I deemed it necesairy to comment here.

I know the starwars x-wing series for one does a unit roster like you did. I am just merely expressing my concern, that you do not rely upon the roster when referring to the characters. I hope that you include such things as rank, description etc. inside the story.

I of course can find this out as I read, which I will hopefully do soon, however I just wanted to point out my concern as I came across it.
strider1 chapter 1 . 6/27/2005
okay, you set the stage for a good story so far. Normally I wouldn't review with so little to go on, however there was something I wanted to point out.

I first caught the line "in an endless waltz" and it reminded me of a line spoken in Gundam wing: Endless waltz. Though I wasn't going to say anything. But then when the name of the orginazation is OZ, I had to at least mention it. It is entirely possibly that you've never heard of Gundam wing, and it is just a coincidense that both those lines are in your prologue. However if you did borrow those lines, I would caution you against such borrowing in the future.

So if it is a coincidense, sorry I rambled about it.
SqurielLord chapter 51 . 6/27/2005
Thank you master Chief. I salute you for this wonmderful epic that you put up here on . May your sequels be as good, and publishers optomistic.

SqurielLord.