Reviews for High Tide
account inactive00000 chapter 1 . 2/2/2003
sounds very Irish, but that's probably just because I've been reading so much Yeats lately I've begun to develope an accent :). This is lovely. I love the progression, bride to widow. Beautiful!
Jazira chapter 1 . 1/23/2003
Wow! This is a really beautiful poem _
E. Gao chapter 1 . 1/21/2003
mmm...gorgeous.

yes...please explain about the moonwidow part?

~EG
Queenofrefuse chapter 1 . 1/20/2003
i love the idea of wearing a veil made out of clouds. it makes me think of a light and airy veil floating about. each line is filled with such great descriptive words. i love the "altar of sighs/the altar of honeycombed kisses". my other favourite line would have to be "a scream of stars descends". i can't think of anything that would make this better. good job!
Star7 chapter 1 . 1/20/2003
interesting. the pattern is well done. i'm a huge fan of good imagery, and there were some nice ones in here. the last three lines of the first stanza produced a particularly beautiful scene in my mind's eye, 'the altar of honeycombed kisses' sounds lovely. creates a feeling of sad moonshine eluminating a marble hall of stillness in a time that should be joy. silent like a love lost and fading. then enters a jaunty merman, decoracted with conch shells and starfish, all blinding metallic scales and dangerous beauty. he brings the waves crashing in among them, filling with a mysterious passion and they are together finally. but instantly it does not last, the lady luna covered in blackened clouds. she smiles in misery, she is alone in the storm. the stars rain down and the thunder soaks her sorrow. the sea is empty now, only a desperate stretch of sand. and it has ended and gone. a beautiful tale of lovers. enjoyable. very nicely formed.
the Queen of Jupiter chapter 1 . 1/20/2003
Frightening but beautiful. I don't understand the part where she suddenly becomes "moonwidow", but...*shrug* It's pretty, anyway, especially when read aloud. Haha, that's me, ms. I-don't-understand-the-poem-but-I-think-it's-pretty-anyway! A horror to poets and critics everywhere. *bow*

This definitely going on my favorite stories list. But would you care to explain to me what the poem means? Much appreciated.

Keep writing! Peace ~~