Reviews for Holophrastic
Obake-chan chapter 1 . 1/27/2003
Everything's true about this poem. Especially Barbie and Ken. I actually never liked those things. This poem felt like the real world-ish kinda stuff, more-so than the others.

Me likes last line of third stanza.

What's 'holophrastic?' Me and my dumbness, yah yah.
xurbandecayx chapter 1 . 1/26/2003
Bloody hell... Why are you so talented? It's not fair, really. Oh well. Your descriptions and sociatal evaluations are enormously brilliant, the words just seem to roll off your tongue and spill onto the page to challenge what is believed. You truly are an amazing poet. :)
Amaris chapter 1 . 1/25/2003
Interesting...kinda random though. Lots of jumping thoughts. I find the last paragraph to be a little intriguing. Not in the sense that I believe you should not try to change what you disagree with, but in a deeper sense. I also liked the "It is not agony...worth the try to die." I usually find your poety a bit hard to understand and relate to cause it gets a bit too depressing for me. But every so often...when you write about life...and how we will die in the end anyway, (although I don't have that outlook completely in life)...I can understand that more.
moo chapter 1 . 1/21/2003
theres losts of oh whats it called i know i do ( snaps fingers)... similes, ya i think. good job emma i liked it... losts of creativity
Rose of Dresden chapter 1 . 1/21/2003
i like this, tho' i do have a somewhat transcendentalist leaning :). i'm a big emerson fan. but anyway, i do love this poem, i love the wording, the structure. this is very good.
the Queen of Jupiter chapter 1 . 1/21/2003
Ouch...this is very bitter and angry and depressing and so so so wonderful. I love the sixth, seventh, and tenth stanza especially. It's sad that you see the world (or moreso America) this way, but it's even sadder that this view is true in so many ways.

Keep writing! Peace
sathepine chapter 1 . 1/21/2003
you're pretty much an opinionated person, aren't you? (well, so am i but my opinions are not that interesting). heheheh, this is fun to read - interesting, sensible. too in-depth that i thought i wouldn't understand half of it!

beautiful. but what's "holophrastic"? i didn't quite get that... pardon me.
Queenofrefuse chapter 1 . 1/20/2003
that was so beautifully written. the images you conjured up were so amazing and painful. My favourite lines would have to be, "Oxygen is a thing of the past, dry and discarded as our chess sets". beautiful job!