Reviews for Drought
Queenofrefuse chapter 1 . 2/2/2003
great theme going there. i loved the flow too. the imagery was so beautifully written. nice!
Kievsky chapter 1 . 1/27/2003
This is surreal-as if it's the red dust that's living and breathing and the people are, well, mute statues. With the imagery of the rain contrasting with the red air, you made it sound like a legend..like a poetry version of a timeless story, handed down through the ages.
not sure yet chapter 1 . 1/27/2003
interesting and nice imagry, good job
aintawoman chapter 1 . 1/26/2003
"the red air makes men crazy"

you could have stopped there and i would have been impressed.

you know if i wasn't currently coughing from this flu/cold/bronchial thing in my chest, this would sooo make me want to.

seriously though, this is so strikingly good.

i think i am starting to hate you...
Xy Hapu chapter 1 . 1/25/2003
I admit, this went -completely- over my head as I'm not exactly the best at literary analysis and whatnot :) But it -is- really good, even I can appreciate that, I can almost grasp the meaning if I stretch my mind far enough *stretches mind, mind snaps, goes insane* Hehe, anyway, this piece definetly screams out deeper meaning, and like the reviewer below said it has really nice imagery. I'll have to muse over it overnight, this has really got me wondering, great job!
E. Gao chapter 1 . 1/25/2003
wow, love the imagery. sorta reminds me of the whole 'mad-hatter' thing. also seems sort of gory, although in a non-bloody way. weird, I can't really explain it, other than it's the whol red air thing. it all goes back to the imagery. _

EG
paradoxical goddess chapter 1 . 1/24/2003
You know, i'm going to have to agree with shinigamiforever (who is, oddly enough, a rl friend of mine) when she says that you are seriously the best poet on . And in a way that makes us sure that you'll eventually (if not already) get published