Reviews for Gaining Weight, Sir Gawain
Kelpylion chapter 1 . 4/28/2006
This is so strangely surrealistic and daydream stream-of-consciousness but with a nice dose of directness ('John is...') and a gorgeous constant connection to the past that I don't really understand but find beautiful nonetheless. Mostly,though, your sound is flawless. Yum. Good midnight food, this.
Animagess chapter 1 . 6/19/2003
Whenever I need to remind myself why you're on my Favorites List, I need only to look at the titles of your poetry for inspiration. Beautiful content, as well.
Karbon Okapi chapter 1 . 2/3/2003
I really like this- the feeling of transferring your feelings to someone else, and the two almost merging together... and somehow I have a particular fondness for descriptions of shaving, LOL
ShinigamiForever chapter 1 . 1/27/2003
"when he was trying not

to look at his shadow-"

There is somehow humor in here, and I can't help but laugh at the poem- I hope you take no offense, I adore it, it's just so funny- it's light and bouncy but under it all, a rolling rhythm, a somber beat.
not sure yet chapter 1 . 1/27/2003
interesting, but extremely well written, excellent job
aintawoman chapter 1 . 1/26/2003
i feel like i would like to go and dream now. especially after that last stanza.

i used to have horses. i loved them. especially on those perfect fall days when teh air smells of autumn.

gee, this john must be quite the amazing fellow...
E. Gao chapter 1 . 1/25/2003
I don't know what it is that makes your poetry so damn attractive. O_o...but I still love it.

EG
paradoxical goddess chapter 1 . 1/24/2003
This poem makes me happy. Especially the "I say this to Gawain. I really mean to say it to a boy

named John" part. :)