Reviews for These Are Poems For Him
Karbon Okapi chapter 17 . 2/1/2003
All these poems are just fantastic. I love how you write about him indirectly, and in so many different situations, all so richly detailed. Really beautiful. :-D
ShinigamiForever chapter 16 . 1/27/2003
I'm swooning, I swear I am. The last bit about the violet fields, so resigned, and so beautiful. You are a wonderful poet.
ShinigamiForever chapter 15 . 1/27/2003
Is the "she" you? but it's beautiful, and so almost romantic I can cry, especially the last line "you say that to all the girls."
ShinigamiForever chapter 12 . 1/27/2003
(sorry, I am just going through all of them to write halfway coherent reviews, and this is undoubtly annoying, I hope you don't mind.) The part about I did not know you then suddenly strikes me as the very soul of this poem, as if suddenly it all dawns upon you what this man is like, and that pure emotion just rushes right through. Lovely.
ShinigamiForever chapter 10 . 1/27/2003
"the sea

was a great mandarin"

One of the best lines of poetry, or literature, rather, I have ever read.
ShinigamiForever chapter 9 . 1/27/2003
Somehow, I thought the first time about autumn and pirates seemed out of context with the poem, but later on, it sort of blends in just fine, and is part of the seamlessness of the poem. And I love the part about the cutlery, it gives Matt a substance he didn't have (for me, at least) until now.
ShinigamiForever chapter 5 . 1/27/2003
Will not even attempt to try and coherently review this one. The last stanza, about the newspaper and broken pavements.
ShinigamiForever chapter 4 . 1/27/2003
"the soup was served

in a bowl of hard eastern

bread, and seeped thru"

I read this and then I realized, hey. I still remember you. *laughs* Sentimentality, I tell you. But the bit about the snowing, this feeling, I can't quite put a finger on it, but you bring it out so well, and you chose your words with stunning accuracy.
ShinigamiForever chapter 2 . 1/27/2003
"mother smiled

around her cigarette-

she put it out-"

These little details, the overall longing in this poem, beautiful, intricate.
Nilano chapter 2 . 1/26/2003
Wow. *mouth drops to the floor* I think for once in my life I am speechless.
Kalina chapter 3 . 1/26/2003
These kick some major ass!
Lancali chapter 4 . 1/26/2003
Update. Write more. These rock.
Janula chapter 5 . 1/26/2003
I love them! I so love them!
Calindra chapter 11 . 1/26/2003
I love this! They are so great. You totally should be published.
aintawoman chapter 2 . 1/26/2003
:::sighs [and wants to be kissed/kiss him too]:::