Reviews for The Streets of Ilium
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 11/2/2005
I loved how you played with this story; everyone knows that Apollo loved Cassandra but who did Cassandra really love (the idea of older men make me think of fathers, she was looking for someone to father her) and the idea of ilium as a southern city was brilliant, I could see it all happening and her ghost watching over, and siting with her curled hair, maybe or maybe not she would be shocked by the way that the world turned out.

Juliet.
Alyx Bradford chapter 1 . 8/6/2003
Lovely. Just lovely - your imagery is wonderfully expressive. This is an enchanting romantic piece.

(By the way, Andy Davis is wrong - Cassandra did fall in love, with the Phrygian prince Coroebus).
Anna Bolina chapter 1 . 3/10/2003
But Cassandra never fell in love! She got tricked by Apollo, raped by Ajax, and forced to return to Greece with Agamemmnon! ( their names start with the letter A). This is an interesting idea though. Except Cassandra never got to be happy (damn fates!). Maybe I'm just a nitpicky Classics student.
Kirney Slate chapter 1 . 2/2/2003
Quaint and clever. You can almost smell it-very evocative. And, I loved the 'and thought/about loving older men'

-kirney
E. Gao chapter 1 . 1/31/2003
...I find that it's getting increasingly harder to put together a coherent review...especially for poems that are repeatedly excellent. I see this, amusingly and stupidly, as a tribute to one's hometown, never mind the allusions and metaphors and imagery. I'm on a 'hometown' kick, so if I tie stuff into each other randomly don't blame anyone but me. _

EG
ShinigamiForever chapter 1 . 1/27/2003
Ah, gods. I don't know if you even remember me. *laughs* This is so lovely, I'll still call you Newkirk, this is beautiful. I love the bit about the man with three fingers, it just brings out everything in the poem, such a feeling, such an environment.
not sure yet chapter 1 . 1/27/2003
wow, very beautiful, great descriptions and has a whimsical (sp?) romantic feel to it, very nicely done
paradoxical goddess chapter 1 . 1/26/2003
you WILL tell me when you get that book published, won't you? *looks at you seriously*
aintawoman chapter 1 . 1/26/2003
so romantic and whistufl.

makes me think of the monet with teh woman standing alone in teh grassy field in flowy dress with the wind blowing all about her. yes.