Reviews for Deadly Setback
Elanor Crumwell chapter 1 . 2/26/2004
i really like your story, it has lots of great detail and realism, keep up the good work:)
Greeneyes616
Sherra chapter 1 . 5/10/2003
I was scrolling through your story list when this one caught my eye! I'm about to write up something on necromancy myself and wanted to see your take on it. Very impressive! The story flows nicely and the imagery *even if a bit disgusting at times when describing coarpses* was great. Keep up the good work!
Werecat99 chapter 1 . 4/21/2003
This story got me hooked from the first paragraph. I liked the settings creepy as they are. And I liked the fact that the necromancer seems to be young. A refreshing change from the old fellows usually playing that part.

The incantation was captivating. And so were the names. You seem to have a talent with name cration, I always get a headache when I try to think of one.

As for the gory incident with his minion, I loved it. And again, I have this thing about necromancers. I believe they are incredibly sexy...

Overall, a great story. Goes to my favorites. And I hope this would eventually lead to a bigger story.

PS

I have my one story with necromancers. Perhaps you'd like to check it out.
Evil Lil' Katbird chapter 1 . 4/4/2003
*chuckles* "Warning: Dragon may want to eat you if risen." *grin* Great story, will there be more to this?
Val Mora chapter 1 . 3/5/2003
Hmm.. an interesting story; it broke very well from cliche, with how you had a re-animated dragon, and the heroes ran away. Very. interesting. Also, I think it interesting that you really don't have a protagonist - the dragon wants to kill your main character, but it really isn't good, either. You had some would-be heroes, but they were only minor characters.

Interesting.

You make this sound like the prologue to something - is it? It might make a good non-short story.

Erm, there were a few errors in grammar/spelling in the first couple of paragraphs, but other than that it's all good.

Thanks for reading "Writer's Choice.
Moonwinges chapter 1 . 3/3/2003
This isn't bad at all, but I wish there had been more build-up and falling action. It's like the story came out of nowhere and returned there just as quickly. We know nothing about Vockrihn, or the world they live in. On the upside, this was very interesting and well-written. You have a lot of material here to work with should you write a sequel, which I would love to read. Maybe you could introduce a protagonist, too! _