Reviews for Telephone
Safety Canary chapter 1 . 5/30/2005
Disturbing? Not really... it's definitel your style, though. I would describe it as "eerie."
Whisper to the Water chapter 1 . 2/19/2003
Totally dark. Like you said, "Deus" is the mediator between the light and dark aspects of your writing (which is still my favorite piece of yours, call me crazy). The dialogue keeps up pace, and the monologue that the Man gives at the beginning is very well written. The last line really scares the crap out of me (which I discovered is your intended effect.)

You did misspell "exaggerate". It's a curse, I tell you, knowing how to spell!

You know what? I don't leave very good reviews when the author is a better writer than me. No, I don't leave very good reviews period.
Anumati chapter 1 . 2/17/2003
This thing doesn't get any less weird for me, even the second (third, forth.) time around. Kind of mystical and emotional, and yet utterly real all at once.

Even now, I'm kind of awed, and very humbled by your wit. You have such a fine and developed sense of character for someone your age.

If I was to give this a symbolic spin, it's almost like their phonecall with each other was the woman's "last" phonecall. like the one you get before getting put to death in a prison.

I like how she said, "See you around." Resembling a spirit, in a way.

A very convincing work. Now, to go play in the snow.