Reviews for On Aphrodite's Grave
Amaris chapter 1 . 2/22/2003
Okay.I could've sworn I reviewed this I'll just do it again. It seems sad, and nostalgic. (I'm going to try to be a better reviewer and say more than what I like.) It seems as though Aphrodite is looking at what she represents, and finds it . "Love is wasted away by sheer dumb animal optimism," and those who are effected by this know no better. Maybe it's trying to say that in the end, in matters regarding the and innoncence is better.
Black Tangled Heart chapter 1 . 2/17/2003
i'm amazed at the bitterness of this piece, as well as its beauty.
toysoldier chapter 1 . 2/9/2003
third stanza is beautiful, every part of it... as is the rest of the poem, it has quite a bit of power, even in its randomness (which I tend to enjoy). I'll be back, I want to read more.

T.S.
Queenofrefuse chapter 1 . 2/4/2003
this was so fabulous. such thorough, beautiful descriptions. i agree with you about the title too...i like it! :) i love the first stanza the best, definitely.
Impressionist chapter 1 . 2/4/2003
y'know..I'm never quite sure what to say when I'm reviewing. you're amazing. shall we just leave it at that? :)
Obake-chan chapter 1 . 2/2/2003
I can unique-whistle.

I like the third stanza with 'that hitting rock bottom still yielded pebbles of wisdom;' Pretty stuff.

Also, the last stanza with 'nor of hearts and arrows.' Cupids are here.

But me and my dumbness doesn't know who's looking on the grave.
lemoncane chapter 1 . 2/1/2003
i thougt that "Her life is not a surrealist paintinght that the " was the best part. not one of your best but still good. ps i dont think that that girl i met what was her name...lisa liked me.
Sylvi chapter 1 . 2/1/2003
I wish I could write.

It sounds like a pretty picture to draw. Even if it's not a surrealist painting.
FalseExecutioner chapter 1 . 2/1/2003
This Poem is one of the more artistical poems and you use great word usage and it has a following story that doesnt go far off point, but (i know u hate that word) it did sort of have some Unclear parts to it.
the Queen of Jupiter chapter 1 . 2/1/2003
Personally, I never really liked Aphrodite. She always seemed to whiny, and she broke everyone's heart. She was a ho (excuse my language)!

"Love is wasted away by/sheer dumb animal optimism" - beautiful line. Very depressing, but lovely.

Peace
Rose of Dresden chapter 1 . 1/31/2003
ah, I can't say how much i love this. Greek mythology is so amazing...

and this is completely Aphrodite, the sea foam, ah, beautiful! i hate to sound all gushy, but i can't help it!