Reviews for Lakshmi
Erlkoenigin chapter 1 . 12/11/2008
Da du ein Gedicht auf Deutsch geschrieben hast, wage ich es auf Deutsch zu antworten: es gefällt mir sehr gut, das mit dem Sportunterricht kenne ich aus der Pfalz vor unglaubllich vielen Jahren, hasse noch immer Sport.

Der Gipfel war aber der Gesichtsausdruck der Lehrerin als ich einen Engel spielen wollte. Sie rang nach Worten, dann brach es raus aus ihr: "Engel sind doch blond."

Dabei bin ich nicht (wie du) eine Inderin, sondern schlicht dunkelhaarig, mit braunen Augen.

Also, Augen zu und durch!
sam chapter 1 . 9/25/2008
That was amazing.i'm sorry that it was "rather autobiographical".
SunRise21 chapter 1 . 10/22/2005
I really liked that story, and I can relate to it. You see, I'm blind and I went to public school..and although I couldn't see the other kids staring at me, I knew they were. As for the not getting picked for groups, just like Lakshmi in your story I can't tell you how many times that happened to me in school.
Nidhi chapter 1 . 6/27/2004
Wow i know how that used to feel. I am Indian as well _
Mystical chapter 1 . 6/5/2004
Yes, as Crunch said, that WAS beautiful.
I'm Indian actually, and I know how it feels.
Sure, I'm not exactly followed by stares everywhere I go - but it is sometimes hard to live in a non-Indian community. People sometimes think you're weird, your language is weird, the clothing is weird, stuff like that.
But oh well...that's life.
Anyway, very good work. I love it.
Mystical.
Crunch chapter 1 . 2/1/2003
Oh my Gosh, this is really beautiful! Well, I know it's angsty, so I should probably come up with a better word then that- but it really was wonderful. You have a great writing style, it just flows so perfectly, and what else can I say, it's a wonderful short story/biography. Kudos!

*Crunch*