Reviews for Dreamland
yWrite chapter 1 . 8/12/2012
If only the perfect dreamland WAS a reality...
recycle rhymes chapter 1 . 8/12/2012
I see that you haven't lost your style :) it's interesting to see the evolution of a writer. Yes, I have to go this far back cause I've read the majority of your current stuff. Thanks for the feedback, very appreciated
Invalid Account chapter 1 . 5/24/2009
I loved the last stanza and then the line directly after and how they weren't really connected, but could be read several different ways.

Also, I think that poetry that tells a story is awesome, especially when it is in 3rd person. It just makes it more... Personal. In my opinion anyway because you can change it around to relate to everyone in some way.

The rhyming wasn't forced and the poem was just very mellow with a little bit of a sad undertone. Congratulations.
May Elizabeth chapter 1 . 1/22/2009
Wow this one is so true for me. Peace.
Samantha Marie Haven chapter 1 . 3/25/2008
here is my review number two:

i loved this one. it's completely different from the other poem of yours that i read, but amazing, very much. that's probably because there's a story of my life that involves a dreamland :) i'm such a strong believer of the imagination, the fantasy like that, and your poem speak perfectly regarding this. The ending especially has a very special quality about...i'm not sure how to describe it...but it's effective to the reader.

your style of writing isn't full of all sorts of complicated words and phrases-at least not that i can tell from what i've read-but you have a way with words all the same. in a way your style helps a reader to understand something deep without having to really analyze a whole lot. it's refreshing. :)

i can't think of anything negative about this one...

well, that's all i can think of. sorry i couldn't write more.

happy writing!

~Samantha
Manuel Fajar chapter 1 . 1/27/2005
In dreams we dream life,

As possibilities would,—

If only we could.
A Face Worth Remembering chapter 1 . 1/1/2005
We all need a dreamland, if only I could find mine. This poem really just goes, 'Heres what life is like, so deal with it' only nicer. Keep it up!~Elli
poetic abortion chapter 1 . 12/25/2004
I love this. Haunting and just breath taking. Your use of words is just awesome. (Ya I have a horrible vocab. ;)) Really very stunning poem. Sad but had a little sliver of hope. Which made it evan more wonderful ! - Well done ! oV

~ Noelle ~
Debbirooni chapter 1 . 3/26/2004
I like your description of a dreamland. I wish I had a place like that to escape to when I'm depressed, and that I won't have to return to my current life. Anyways, good job. Very nice imagery and descriptions
LiquidGenesis chapter 1 . 10/11/2003
I know how this feels too, I'm too familiar with slipping away and trying to forget about things going on around me. But they always come back, dont't they? Then it's much more painful when you have to look at them again and all you want is to go back into that fantasy. You have a talent for putting emotions into words and thats rare. Good job and keep writing.

Bless.
unwritten chapter 1 . 8/1/2003
i feel to often it seems like the girl in your poem. i'm tired of this reality, and i wish so much to change it some times. anyway, good poem, i liked it. and thank you for reveiwing my poem (passage of stolen freedom), and feel free to read any of my other poems!
SweetGrape chapter 1 . 7/22/2003
Seems a wondrous and magical dreamland; 'no despair'.

But then it shatters back to life with 'But soon'- very strong words 'dreaded life And cry' and very obvious pain.

The essence of the poem is 'her dreamland comforts her' and is often true. And the last line is the wishful heart of the poem- but (tearfully) only a wish.
DefianceIsMe chapter 1 . 2/2/2003
That is such a lovely sentiment. Everyone was an escape, a dream world in a way. My way out is through writing and books. Some have different escapes. Some aren't so healthy. Anyways, good poem. _