Reviews for The Old Man
EisoftheSnow chapter 1 . 1/2/2004
A very lifting tale, i was entranced by its reality! I've never been so engrossed in a story like this one! The descriptions were astounding!
Werecat99 chapter 1 . 12/30/2003
Loved the opening paragraph. This was a strong grip and hooks the reader to the story, making your character deliciously mysterious.
That "desert" detail draw *my* attention...
The heroine's thoughts fit well the state of shock after a friend's grief. Not all people burst hysterically into tears. Loved it.
And it did leave a warm feeling over me...
A note: Although I loved the flashback scene with Emily, I was a bit confused that there was a change in the story. Perhaps you could try a different formatting, italics for instance, to indicate a change of pace, a flashback or a dream to avoid confusing the reader. Just a suggestion, though.
Overall, a wonderful little story.
PS
Thanks for reading -and reviewing- my "Shadow Play", as it holds a dear place in my heart.
Angry Bob chapter 1 . 9/27/2003
Hey, dat was purty good. I liked how it all fit together at the end, and when he said his name, it wasn't cheesy or anything. I don't get how she said that her train was coming in an hour, and then it was right there, but that's okay. I think she should have gone home instead of a stranger over the Internet, y'know? I mean, it might be someone she actually knows and all, but it just disturbs the peaceful fabric of the story. I dunno, that's just me, I guess. Anyway, fabulous story. -AB
opalrain chapter 1 . 7/19/2003
I really liked your writing, although for me the ending was a twist. I was thinking that the old man was Nat crazy me. I really think you should continue this story its good! hope to read more!
definemydreams chapter 1 . 2/20/2003