Reviews for Flatline Lovers
ShinigamiForever chapter 1 . 2/23/2003
*looks around* I should be worried that I found this funny. right? The contrast between the first stanza and the last stanza, sublime. The contrasting of love and death. A frightening yet really amusing poem, at least to me.
Amaris chapter 1 . 2/22/2003
Valentine's day has been ruined these days anyway.I dunno, I thought it was kinda weird how the Sentinel talked a lot about Valentine's day being about giving your friends little cards and lots of candy. Cause, it's not supposed to be. Anyway, not that most people know/care about that. I liked "I am the murderer who has to solve her own crime, the mastermind behind uneven pulses of longing." I also liked from "The baron of hearts." to the end.
makkenjii chapter 1 . 2/13/2003
That was very sneaky of you, leading me to expect a bad poem and then putting this brilliantly evocative gem right here for me to find. You fox!
Impressionist chapter 1 . 2/11/2003
beautifully...fun. yes.

I rather liked this one, for I two am rather bitter towards the red, white, and pink. hey...I just got inspired. writing reviews do wonders for my writing life. um..yes.

anywho. obvoiusly I'm in the wrong state of mind to write anything remotely coherant here, so I'll leave you with this...
waterlilypad chapter 1 . 2/10/2003
Your wordplay is sharp as fencing. (Specifically apparent in "two nights- shining and whining.)

This sounds a lot like me, oddly, and fits very well with that OTHER side of Valentine's Day.
Obaba-chan chapter 1 . 2/10/2003
Yay. Same applies to me. Die, SAINT Valentine's Day, die.

The contrast between the first and last lines were goooooooooooood. Love and death, cripple and valentine.

If I take about a minute per word and draw a picture in my mind, then this pretty night life-ctiy comes up. Ooooo...
the Queen of Jupiter chapter 1 . 2/7/2003
Bah! So, so true! I do indeed feel that Valentine's Day is a meaningless holiday that does NOT celebrate true love, but Hollywood love: cards, flowers, chocolates, expensive dinners at expensive restaurants, diamond earrings...the whole nine yards. It makes me so angry. Humbug!

I love how you personified the valentine as killing the sun/true love. But I don't understand the part where you say "do I want to fly,/or do I want to die?" - doesn't seem to fit in with my interpretation of the poem.

Keep writing! Peace
Queenofrefuse chapter 1 . 2/6/2003
*sigh* i am always so amazed by your ability to write with such amazing flow and the descriptions you use are outstanding. i only wish to be able to write as well as you someday. "I am the murderer who/has to solve her own crime,/the mastermind/behind uneven pulses of longing." Beautiful!
lemoncane chapter 1 . 2/6/2003
"to the art of death, i am a valentine" i get it valentine valentines day is comming up ! bery kinky
Rose of Dresden chapter 1 . 2/6/2003
heh. I am sooo anti-Valentine's day :)

I love the line 'or are they the real stars'. perfect sentiment :)