Reviews for Theory
Jo The Pirate chapter 1 . 11/3/2004
This is the first thing I've read of yours, and I am in awe. I love your skill with words, the way you make everything clear and so sad in just a few stanzas. Beautiful, that's about all I can say.
- Jo
Bloo Heart chapter 1 . 3/9/2003
Phew. . .this was one of those poems that just made me want to sit back and think (heaven forbid!). And that has to sound a little corny, but the sheer size of the feelings that the last stanza brought on after the rest of the poems. . .it makes you want to sit down. Or atleast it makes me want to sit down ; I absolutely love the third stanza, "Don't, don't stop breathing just to hear the butterfly beat the air. Life may be just a coincidence, but the world is not." It was so purely and perfectly put, clear as glass, with amazing depth at the same time. . .

I think my inferiority complex is just about ready to murder me.
Amaris chapter 1 . 2/22/2003
Okay, well I'm going to go on a random review Emerald's poem spree. I liked this one a lot. All the you think. How you included the butterfly throughout made it nice as well. I liked the VII section and the "perhaps the butterflies can teach us about the application of bandages on a long-healed wound"
paradoxical goddess chapter 1 . 2/12/2003
Five! *akkk and dies* Five!
Bobbo the Clown chapter 1 . 2/11/2003
I'm sure this isn't what you were going for, but "Don't stop breathing just to hear the butterfly beat the air." just made its way into my quotes book of DOOM!

*ahem*

Fairly spiffy. As usual, I'm too sleepy to really analyze. That and I suck at these things. Good job, eme-wald! *pat*
Obake-chan chapter 1 . 2/10/2003
I liked it with the butterflies(for one, I am tremendously obsessed with them at the moment...)! And the second stanza of III. was good.

Actually I did a poem(for Creative Writing) about a butterfly called Agrias. I think you'll find them pretty.
Tethys-Orion chapter 1 . 2/9/2003
"We were not options,

nor fortunes,

nor lost generations.

We were not a regression,

nor a depression,

nor a contemplation.

We were not quite human."

these seven lines alone made the poem worth reading for me. excellent work, if a bit obscure. it's among your best.

tethys
Once in a blue moon chapter 1 . 2/9/2003
hm.. got me to think..

Kind of like a medley of senses. Not quite sure why it's seperated, I don't normally go for this kind of poetry. But this is really good. Good -what a blah word. I bet you could come up with something better. Great job!
the Queen of Jupiter chapter 1 . 2/7/2003
Butterflies seems to personify nature itself, don't you think? What a cynical look at mankind...but I find myself seeing it that way as well. The third part is my personal favorite...the last two lines are so true and give me so much to think about!

Keep writing! Peace
Queenofrefuse chapter 1 . 2/6/2003
gorgeous! my favourite would have to be the third stanza, but i loved the whole thing. the descriptions and tone is fabulous, and everything fits so well. so touching!
lemoncane79 chapter 1 . 2/6/2003
what are we? i dont quite get it but its lovly!
Rose of Dresden chapter 1 . 2/6/2003
I LOVE section III!

And I love the structure of this, the repetition...ach! it's so beautiful!