Reviews for Colonial Wars
Kievsky chapter 1 . 2/12/2003
You have so much information in these poems that it's hard to concentrate on just one aspect. I read the whole thing a few times through, each time focusing on one particular aspect: Jason's involvement in the wars, the politics reflected in the different sections, seasonal imagery...it's layered and yet very clearly written. I love the fox line and the second stanza of Seven Years War.

I think this one also builds off "Jason unafraid" in that you again show his fearlessness and power...but gentle power, and also show how everything eventually comes back to him.
E. Gao chapter 1 . 2/11/2003
Amazing, how you're able to tie in so many things into one poem (or four small poems, as it may be). History, this recurring Jason figure, romance, philosophy, even. It's mindbending. You have no idea how much I love these.

EG
valpincon chapter 1 . 2/11/2003
you are definitely becoming more obscure, which is no bad thing, i just wish i understood all the themes i can't quite unravel in your work...however your lexis is splendid, your imagery is splendid and your allusions are splendid. i get the feeling i get when reading t s eliot or kai august kaapro, that i dont *quite* get it but thats my deficiency. i go over it again, trying to get to grips with it, and it grips *me*. well done!
Karbon Okapi chapter 1 . 2/10/2003
If only textbooks were written like this, I would remember what all these wars were about!

"jason made the burning paper laugh"

Astounding. :-D
Queenofrefuse chapter 1 . 2/10/2003
i loved the flow and feeling of this poem. my only thing with this poem (and i don't know if it was intentional or just a mistake in the transfer or whatever) is that the first section on king william's war has strange line breaks, like the one between the second and third stanzas and the third and fourth. i really liked it otherwise.