Reviews for An Insignificant Event
Maggie Johnson chapter 1 . 3/17/2011
Very nice. I like how the unnamed main character is so easy to relate to. The quotes at the ends of the chapters say so much. There's nothing I can find here to complain about - your writing style is beautiful. :)
Caramel191 chapter 5 . 7/25/2010
This was sad, but your an extremely talented writer.

I love your style and you have this gift of connecting with the readers (: It's really something.

This last chapter reminded me a lot of Columbine, but I don't know if it was the high school library or not. I also enjoyed Rheia's character a lot. She was just an all around good person. And well, this was beautiful :D
courtesylaughs chapter 5 . 2/1/2010
I can't begin to tell you how much I enjoyed these short vignettes. Well, not so much as enjoyed (because using that term for this story kind of makes me feel morbid), but rather appreciated it. Chapter five made me cry by the way, and I've never cried while reading something remotely sad. Well done.
Chu-Chi Bear chapter 1 . 9/15/2009
Whoa, you wrote this a while ago, i sorta happened to catch the date and my mouth sorta dropped lol

It seems a little bit normal, but it was off to a good start, i didn't catch any mistakes, which is always good thing :)

You didn't really use names or descriptions or such ... but i won't go too much into that since i did se that you have other chapters :D (A lot of chapter is always good, it means you're working towards something!)

Happy Writing

~Chu Chi Bear
Katy Lynn chapter 5 . 2/1/2009
Wow, so this chapter was definitely a bit confusing.

I'm really not sure what's going on, but I guess I'll just have to wait for the next chapter to find out?

Again, it was a very good chapter. It was very descriptive, and felt very real.

I definitely enjoyed reading this story, and I seriously hope to read more of it soon!

Keep doing what you're doing; you have a true talent here, and it is displayed wonderfully in this story.

This last chapter definitely kept me on edge, and I'm dying for the next chapter to be posted.

I can't wait to read what'll happen next and what's going on. :]
Katy Lynn chapter 4 . 2/1/2009
I enjoyed reading this chapter.

The banter between the two people was amusing, and it held my interest.

I was confused the whole time I was reading it, though. However, that was somewhat cleared up by the last sentence of the chapter, though.

I'm definitely curious to find out more about what's going on there; who it was who had been killed.

Again, this chapter definitely left me wanting more!
Katy Lynn chapter 3 . 2/1/2009
Once again, another great chapter.

As I said before, I could really feel what your character was going through. It was like I was in her shoes.

I love how descriptive you are; it puts vivid pictures in my mind.

I'm very curious to find out this girl's story; why she is the way she is, what happened to her in the past, and what "she's cried over worse things before" (or however that was worded) meant.

I'm definitely looking forward to reading more!
Katy Lynn chapter 2 . 2/1/2009
Ohh, I really enjoyed reading this chapter.

Once again, I adore your style of writing.

As I was reading this chapter, I could truly feel sympathy for your character, I could feel what she was going through, and that makes for a great story.

I love Daniel already; he seems like a great guy. I'm curious as to why he's acting so... attentive to her, though.

The ending definitely left me wanting more.

The only thing I really wanted to point out, though, is that you refer to your character as "the girl" a lot. When put that way, it really just makes her seem kind of... worthless. I think that's the word I'm looking for. Maybe you should try referring to her by using her name?

Then again, you might have a reason for not having mentioned her name yet.
Katy Lynn chapter 1 . 2/1/2009
I definitely liked this first chapter.

It caught my attention rather well, and it held my attention through the whole chapter.

It's very well written; I love your style of writing.

Though it was a bit short, it definitely seems like a great beginning to a great story.

I'm definitely anxious to see what sorts of things unfold in this story. :]
The Ferrett chapter 5 . 2/1/2009
I liked the way the thoughts were interspaced with each of the important moments, like deaths, and not just casually thrown about. It made the impact stronger and that I liked.

I felt it is strongly written and it gave me shivers. Damn.

I liked method of reveal between the two boys and the girl and I like how the ending was left open. It made the personal revelation of the piece more serious.
Written chapter 1 . 10/30/2008
aww, what an awesome beginning! my favorite part is at the very end, where he seems to almost... transform into someone else, and where she notes that he goes well with his girlfriend. gorgeous writing.

I have to go bake some halloween cupcakes (sigh, tis the season), but I might be back later this weekend to read more. take care!
Carmel March chapter 9 . 3/24/2008
This is such a wonderful story. I love the entire idea of it, plus you've got amazing characters and a refreshing way of narrating. Keep up the great work :)

~Carm~
Aidrianna chapter 9 . 10/13/2007
Oh. My. God. That was... wrenching. Terrible and wrenching. Is this story over, then? That was very sad. There needs to be an alternate sort of happy ending. Maybe. Probably wouldn't work though. Gosh. I don't know if I have any better words. She died. I can't believe it. Wonderfully written... but... heart-wrenchingly awful, still.
chinotto chapter 9 . 9/28/2007
it made me cry... in a good way. :)
chinotto chapter 8 . 11/5/2006
oh wow.. it's so short.. but so intense..
66 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »