Reviews for On An Egyptian Cat
amyjames chapter 1 . 5/3/2003
I love your poem.

Cats are such mysterious creatures, and so hard to fully understand why they would bother to be "pets". I think the Egyptians were pretty clued into that.

And you made it rhyme! And your imagery was beautiful! Especially the ancestor cats walking in out of the desert (spine shivers), and the lily pools.

You should (if you have the time and the inclination)read a book called "The Cats of Seroster" I didn't like the book one half as much as your poem, but I think there are some things in it you might like . . .
Kynria chapter 1 . 2/19/2003
This is a really great poem. I absolutley adore cats and i think you captured them very well. Very beautifully written. Great job!
Werecat99 chapter 1 . 2/11/2003
Puurrrfect... My pack of six felines who consider themselves direct decendants of the Holy Temple cats (and behave as such) wanted me to tell you they absolutely aprove of your poem.

The line of the ancient felines coming out of the desert was magical. As for the last line, it made me shiver. You have no idea how often I've thought of that, especially when my alpha female cat stares down on me.

From a devoted daughter of Bast, of the rank of the High Litterbox Cleaner, my most sincere applause.

PS

Thanks for your lovely review. More on a short email note.