Reviews for Thorn of the Kingdom
OutlawEris chapter 10 . 8/17/2003
That was so stinking funny! LOL. Well, it was kinda mean, too, but being outside the story, I can laugh at it. Tholly - you rule with your bad self! (haha- just like his mother)

Anyways, it'll cut the visit short, right?

I was so worried about Tholly. But now I feel bad for them, because Tholly has to leave the nursery and do all that stuff. He'll never have time for Abby! It just isn't fair! All for one stinking joke. Well, it was going to happen sooner or later, but it's still really dissapointing.

Argh! My parents needs to search for a grill on the Internet right now, so'm off at the moment. Hopefully I'll have more time toead later. But I might have

to *dun dun dun* watch my siblings! *Psycho soundtrack is heard* Grab the chair and whip, boys, it's gonna be a long one.

I'll read more soon!
OutlawEris chapter 9 . 8/17/2003
French lessons! Cool. I want to take French, but my parents want me to take Spanish, because it's more useful. Lucky Abby.

GR! "Mistress?" That abominable Williamina! How dare she? How does she even think to suggest that Abby would do that? That's just despicable and gross, not to mention RUDE! I really don't like her now, and I do hope that the visit ends soon. Very soon.

Also, Tholly isn't at all like his father! Queen Gwendolyn seems likes a real know-it-all, and it's obvious her daughter takes after her. I hate people like that. They love to make themselves look smarter than everyone else, especially when they're not.

"Lady had attentions paid to her by some commoner." Is that some foreshadowing? Oh, I hope so!

A dog! Yay! I'm more of a cat person, but puppies are adorable, so I think I'll like this one.

Woo-hoo! No supper 'till five o'clock. Time to get some reading done!
OutlawEris chapter 8 . 8/17/2003
Go Queen Margaret! Your rule with your bad self! LOL. That was great.

I was sure she'd go along with Gwendolyn and get rid of Abby, but she's really a good person. At least she cares about her son, and she seems to care about Abby's welfare, too. I'm glad. Usually the mothers in these stories are worried about the proper thing to do. But Margaret seems to actually think about her son. It's a nice change.

"I dropped my thimble"? That's so ridiculous! It made me laugh my head off. I could just see someone doing that, and it's a great mental image.

Aw. Tholly's so sweet! He made her a rose. He's so darn sweet! Oh, I wish there were nice boys like that around my town. *peers at nose-picking fools in surrounding county* Guess not.

But that's so great! That's a perfect reconciliation.

Maybe a few more chapters - oh, I want to read it all!
OutlawEris chapter 7 . 8/17/2003
Argh! I hate Williamina! How dare she say those things to Abby! And what of Tholly? Why didn't he defend her? Stupid bleeping Princess and her stupid bleeping opinions and her stupid bleeping beauty. *catches sight of anger management counselor* (I'll stop now!)

I hope Tholly doesn't grow fond of her. That would ruin everything for sure. Not that it seems likes from her behavior, but I can be pessimistic.

Tholly, you dog! LOL. But poor Abby. She thinks their friendship is ruined, but I don't really think it is. At least, I HOPE it isn't.

Ek! Marvelous! This is SO good!
OutlawEris chapter 6 . 8/17/2003
Wiliamina and Gwendolyn arrive. *dun dun dun*

That was really sweet when Tholly was so nervous about the meeting, but his fears were assuaged when he saw Abby up in the gallery. I thought that was really nice.

All those names. LOL.

And again, poor Tholly! His father's so mean! Well, I mean, not like abusive mean, but he neglects him!

Ah, the infamous Williamina. Can't wait to see if she's really as bad as Abby thinks.

By they way, is this just your own made-up kingdom? Or is it really someplace in our world?

Ha. My mom burned the chicken, so I've got time to read some more. I love our psychotic stove. *stroks burners affectionately* Ouch! I burnt my hand!LOL.

On to some more of this wonderful story!
OutlawEris chapter 5 . 8/17/2003
He-he. Insists she wear a shift. Thank goodness. That could be awkward. LOL.

"Pretty' meant very little to him." LOL. I like Tholly.

And Abby, too, of course! But I think I already said that in another review.

"might be quite lovely to be grown enough to have a dashing suitor… or two." LOL. I have a habit of writing down my favorite quotes in reviews. Hope that doesn't bother you.

Poor Tholly! His father just blew him off! What the heck? You don't see your son for so long and that's all you can say? I feel so bad for him!

Mum's having trouble with the stove. Maybe one more chapter-
OutlawEris chapter 4 . 8/17/2003
Little kids have no sense of modesty, do they? But it was funny! It reminds me of some little kids I know who would just dive in the pool in their clothes.

Caught! Curses. I had a feeling that they would be, but I still held out some hope that it would be their little secret, like the throne room was. I guess not. And now they don't have the throne room secret either!

Tholly's little "young ruler" thing is so adorable! At least, I think so.

Williamina? Hm - is the Queen plotting a betrothal? I should hope not.

Anyways, have to fit one more chapter in before supper!
OutlawEris chapter 3 . 8/17/2003
Yay! We get to meet Tholly!

That was the best chapter! This is now going in my favorites!

It was so sweet when they were pretending to kill the witch and knocked all the blocks down! And then when the nursemiads were all worried - oh, that was just so awesome! Made me feel all warm and fuzzy and giddy inside. I laughed.

Poor Tholly! "looking hungrily at his father". Oh, that was so sad, but it was sweet how he came to watch him sometimes. Abby's so cute to give him a hug. Their friendship is just so great.

Ek! This is my favorite chapter insofar. It's just so good! I wish I could describe just what I like about it, sicne that's helpful, but it's just GREAT! How else can I put it? Kudos to you, most assuredly!

Another chapter!
OutlawEris chapter 2 . 8/17/2003
Ek! I want to meet Prince Tholly! How can you leave it like that without an introduction? Well, I did get to meet the queen, but I want to see Tholly! (that's a great name - hee!)

Kate sold the shop! She sold the bloody shop! Gargh! I feel so bad for Abby, because my parents wanted to sell our house and get a bigger one. They didn't, but I was so heartbroken when I thought of leaving my home. I can imagine what it must be to actually lose it. Poor thing.

Anyways, I loved the scene with Abby sticking her head out of the carriage window. It was a great picture!

That's so cute that she just fell asleep. *cue the affectionate maternal "aww"*

Must read some more! This is so good so far!
OutlawEris chapter 1 . 8/17/2003
Hello! Well, I'm new to Fictionpress! I ussually write on Fanfiction, but I decided to check this site out. I have heard so much good stuff about this story that I had to check it out. And all I can say is that this is really good!

Well, not that I'm deep into the plot or anything, but the writing flowed so well! (something I must work on -hehe)I can't wait to find out more about this Aunt Kate character; she seems very cool. "Sometimes I wondered if I actually had an Aunt Kate". LOl

And the Cunningham part was hilarious!

I am going to try and write you a review for every chapter, because I like to do that, but if it gets too good I might forget.

Great writing!
GinaO chapter 17 . 8/16/2003
This is the best story ever! I loved it! You've really left me without words. I don't know how I found your great story and now I'm so glad I found it. This is so well written and the characters were just awesome. I just couldn't stop reading it, I had to go through two readings because it was too late... but still I loved the ending. You're a great writer and let me tell you that if you ever publish this, you'll sure have a bestseller. I even read it twice! and you don't know how happy I was when I found out you wrote a sequel. Lovely! Thanks for your writing! _!
Moonlight chapter 37 . 8/11/2003
three words: I LOVE IT! this was such a great story and is actually one of the best i have ever read...i loved the way it ended...i knew tholly was too much of a little boy for our dashing main character...) good job and write some more intriguing stories!
chieri chapter 37 . 7/31/2003
This is definitely one of the best stories I've ever read! Most online stories of this length seem to start off wonderfully, and begin to wane and drag on until I'm too fed up to even bother finishing them... This was definitely not the case here! This piece was lovely from start to finish and, if I could have managed, I'd have read it entirely in one sitting-but I had to give up at 6am, so it ended up being two sittings, with some much needed sleep in between. This is just an absolutely wonderful story, and I've no doubt that it will become a hardcover novel when you decide to publish it!
joelle drees chapter 37 . 7/25/2003
This was by far one of the most wonderful stories I have had the pleasure of running across on this website. Excellent job. Have you ever thought of going professional? I would highly recommend it. I would love to read anything else you have written if it is not too much trouble for you. Writing has always been a hobby of mine, even though it is not much of a talent. Perhaps we can have correspondance? I left my email address. This story had just the right elements to make it appealing. You left nothing out. I am very impressed.

joelle drees
mez1 chapter 37 . 7/24/2003
hi that was a really good story

congrates on finishing it