Reviews for Thorn of the Kingdom
BKGal-24 chapter 29 . 3/16/2005
A slight smile is twitching at my lips...my heart is torn, but I really want her to marry Pierre.
BKGal-24 chapter 26 . 3/16/2005
O-kaay...why is I'm angry at Tholly for tossing Abby aside and now I want her and Pierre to live happily ever after?
BKGal-24 chapter 21 . 3/16/2005
I seriously have tears in my eyes. Rarely does that happen to me...
BKGal-24 chapter 14 . 3/16/2005
Oh my...that was beautiful. I can't stop reading now.
BKGal-24 chapter 10 . 3/16/2005
Wow, you captured the horrible awkwardness of growing up beautifully. It's bad enough going through it today, I can only imagine what it'd possibly be like back then...well, except I don't have to imagine now!
BKGal-24 chapter 4 . 3/15/2005
I really don't want to stop reading now, but I suppose it's a good place to finish since it appears I'm done with the orphan years. Hmm...perhaps they'll repeat the pond scene...erm...in the future?
BKGal-24 chapter 3 . 3/15/2005
This chapter was playing out like a movie in my head and I couldn't help but chuckle and smile at how adorable you described their playing!
BKGal-24 chapter 1 . 3/15/2005
I have to drop and "omg" here because this introduction totally pulled me in and I can't wait to keep reading.
MandyHubbard chapter 11 . 2/23/2005
HEY, sorry, i know this review is for chapter 11" but i wante to review the story in general and it wouldnt let me reveiw the end since I already did a long time ago. haha.I just want to tell you that this story is one of the most beautiful, inspring love stories I've ever read. And I truly mean that, because I've read perhaps a hundred on here and dozens of books that I have bought off the shelf. It never failts ot make my eyes tear up as I read it. Literally. What you did with changing her love from Tholly to Pierre was perfect in every way. The reader cant help but fall for them both, just as Abby has, cant help but be moved by her feelings and agree with her choice whole heartedly. It still leaves a bit of a twinge of sadness to think that Tholly didn't find the same happiness, but simultaneously that exact fact is what makes her choice so clear, so perfect.

Have you joined RWA? Have you ever entered this into any competitions? Its such an amazing story, well written in every sense. I've begun my own historical romance (that is better then my old works...by far. Ugh, i dont want to think of some of my old works. lol.) and I already sent off entries to two different competitions. These comps have editors or agents as the finalist judges... so its a really big deal. If you aren't already doing that, I really hope you'll consider it. I'd love to buy this bok and turn it inti the dog-eared pages favorite that it deserves to be.

Thanks for sharing this with everyone. You deserve every one of the thousand reviews you got.

Mandy.
Death Princess chapter 37 . 2/18/2005
MAN! THIS IS BRILLIANT! i mean at 1st i thought i was gnna die wens she left tholly but afta she met pierre i slowli started preferrin pierr ova tholli! DAM THIS WAS JUST SO... SO GOOD! i feel realli srry 4 thollies sons tho! man ok im off 2 the sequel.
KNE chapter 1 . 2/16/2005
its a good story

but...tholly should have been the one. The story was about them after all and then the french guy showed up. lol good job though, i liked no matter what.
HyperactiveCombuster chapter 37 . 2/5/2005
omg! This is such a great story! Excellent plot and love your characters. When she went back to Tholly, I was like, stupid, stupid, stupid! Stay with the hot French guy! Writing style is so flowing and to the point. I just love the whole entire story. Keep on writing!
Dreaming One chapter 37 . 1/27/2005
That was so inspiring! I loved it. I really, really loved it. It was a gift for me to be able to read it, as I'm having a very stressful week. You should be proud of yourself that you are able to bring people such joy and escape. It is amazing, isn't it? To create something from your own mind that brings "warm and fuzzies" to people all over the world, people you will never even meet? It's wonderful. I hope you continue to write! Heck, I'll check your author page.

Oh, and about the technical stuff: Characterization was fantastic. Your characters have depth and they grow. The dialogue was never unnatural. You struck the perfect balance between narration/description and speech. No spelling mistakes or other grammatical errors that I saw. Bravo!

Keep Writing!

~May
Dreaming One chapter 34 . 1/27/2005
YAY! I am now convinced that you are a superior author to almost all of the others on this site. You wrote a story about childhood love that didn't last forever, and people who had to sacrifice things for responsibility, and people actually changing over time...this is awesome. You rock! I hope Pierre is happy!
Dreaming One chapter 31 . 1/27/2005
No! Poor Pierre. This is horrible. What a tragic tale this turns out to be!
1,174 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 .. Last Next »