Reviews for Eugenides
Obake-chan chapter 1 . 2/19/2003
I have never heard of (and of course) or read the book.

I got a very pretty image of the night sky with aurora colors whissh-ing past the stars. Weird. The miracles part I think made me think that.

I know you hate Stenbeck, but the way you wrote this one reminded me of his writing(maybe because my author is Steinbeck and we're reading Grapes of Wrath at the moment.). Like the way you used no apostrophes.
Queenofrefuse chapter 1 . 2/18/2003
flow and connection between the words is so amazing. they just work so well together. i loved this!
FalseExecutioner chapter 1 . 2/18/2003
very "touching"(whatever that means jk) just makes me want to get a nouse, loaded shotgun, and stick the car in the garage and turn it one with the garage door closed (too bad we dont have a garage).
the Queen of Jupiter chapter 1 . 2/18/2003
I have not read the book, nor seen the movie, but I have always meant to. *promises self to check it out next time self is at the library. Self, hush now, stop ranting.*

The poem seems very peaceful and quiet, almost like a whisper in the dead of night. I love the line "The air around/us, latticed into pinstripes and/open wounds": pure imagery, pure gorgeousness.

Keep writing! Peace
Amaris chapter 1 . 2/16/2003
's not FF 's FP. Anyway, I liked this poem. Especially the question directed to the author at the end. I also liked "would explode into a million tiny stars, every one of them either laughing or frowning at humankind's mistreatment of these little words." But you're right. Movies usually spoil the books. They can't quite get all the feeling and meaning across. The mind is a much better theater.
lemoncane chapter 1 . 2/15/2003
wow!that was really beautiful, and you know me i dont usually think that about poetry. maybe its because i read the bok i dont know, but that was really good.
Rose of Dresden chapter 1 . 2/15/2003
ah, you know how much i love this!

The pinstripes, and the deaths and 's so beautiful. the stanzas are fine as well. lovely as always!