Reviews for An Appeal to our Senators
JTF2-Commando chapter 1 . 5/31/2003
Ok, thousands of Americans dying in the war in Iraq? Please, only hundreds died in the Gulf War, it's 12 years later, the U.S. has better weapons while Saddam is still using the same old crap from the last war, or whatever is left of it. And the war in Afghanistan wrecked the al-Qaeda. They no longer have a safe haven anymore, he can't go to Saudi, that's for damn sure, and Sudan gave him the boot in '96, I doubt they'll let him back in, and with the Taliban out of power, Afghanistan is now ripped from them. I doubt there are a lot of countries who will welcome him with open arms, not after what happened in Afghanistan and Iraq.
HNMN Commander for the Right chapter 1 . 3/31/2003
First of all I would like to say that I respectfully disagree with your stance. And I would also like to say that this was very nicely written.

But that is where my praise ends. I would contest the fact that chemical and biological weapons would be made for 'homeland security'. It is asinine to think that they were made for any reason but the use against Iraq's neighbor's, and far away foes.

On the subject of an Iraqi connection to Al Queada, I will admit even I am a bit skeptical on that. But let me remind you of something, on September 11 President Bush made it clear that any nation that did not help us in weeding our enemies out of their country, would be thought of as our enemies. And I don't think that you would argue that Saddam Hussein has made an effort to get rid of any terrorists in Iraq.

Don't blame the 'overly harsh terms' set upon Iraq souly on America’s shoulders either. Those terms were drafted and agreed upon by the United Nations Security Council. Iraq brought all of that on themselves. And if they really didn't like them that much, they should have fought them, instead of being cowards and surrendering.

You cannot seriously argue the fact that Operation Enduring Freedom was not a success? We crippled the Taliban and Al Queda better than I think even we expected. No one will ever end terrorism, you're right. Are you trying to infer that because of that we should not make every effort to try and stop it?

But I respect your right to hold your opinion, and I am the first one to tell you that you have every right to voice it.

-Patrick

P.S. I would really like it if you could review my story, 'Questions About War'. I like to hear responses that disagree with me, I think it makes me more well-rounded.
Loganberry chapter 1 . 2/18/2003
Unless there's some technical reason for it, I don't quite understand why it was important not to call it a "demonstration" - it sure sounded like one to me. It's a shame if "demonstration" has acquired such negative connotations in the US, though I suppose that shouldn't surprise me after reading about how the anti-war protestors in New York were treated at the weekend - I was astounded that they weren't allowed to march for, frankly, half-baked "security" reasons. London seemed to be able to cope: NY could have done too. And as for baton-charging and ripping down banners - it reminded me of the miners' strike here in Britain 20 years ago; bad enough then, but ludicrously neanderthal tactics for 2003.
The Shellback chapter 1 . 2/18/2003
I find it hard to believe you're actually American. Simply because of the shockingly anti-patriotic views you are expressing. If I was under the influence of drugs I would hug you! Simply because my distaste for American stupidity causes me to literally vomit every time I see Bush trying to say something on the news. But this, and your other piece, The Legacy of 911, were fantastic. I wasn't allowed to review Lo911 for some reason, the submit review page wouldn't come up. Anyway, I just wanted to say I think you are an excellent American, one more than worthy of recognition, and not because you are going against the grain. Thank you for writing these, I look forward to more of your works.