Reviews for The Other Side of the Mirror
AK chapter 41 . 11/28/2014
You have no idea how many times I whispered/shouted "Oh my God" in this story. It was an absolutely touching story, and I was rooting for Aiden and Saige the entire time. Even Jessica too. You put in so much detail for the after effects of the kidnapping, which I find is rare in stories and makes the whole story seem more realistic and therefore, more frightening. I could really see some twisted mind doing this. And it scares the living day-lights out of me. I read this until 2 in the morning and woke up at 7 just to finish this. That means you have done good in the writing world. Thank you for writing this story. It broke my heart, warmed my heart, and lifted my heart. Great job :)
yuzik01 chapter 41 . 10/9/2014
Wow. This story was strong. Especially the first part. I wanted a good M story? Well, here I got it with all its horrors. I didn't expect it to be so harsh, I felt overwhelmed at the first few chapters, but I wanted to know the outcome so badly that I kept reading, and enjoyed every word :) It was very interesting and heartwrenching all the way through.
I just wanted to mention one thing that bugged me a little when I thought about the story, and that is that the pregnancy seemed to be such a surprise for everyone. That seemed to me rather unrealistic. Saige was a teenage girl, she must have already known something about sex and contraception - she was a virgin, so she clearly wasn't taking any pills, and she never realized it while she has been raped three times? That would be one of the first things to cross my mind if I was in her situation. It would make me freak out and feel so much worse about the whole thing. And her mother too, didn't realize it either? Even though she was a mother? They might not be on the best terms, but clearly she cared about her daughter, so she must have been concerned about it, every mother would be after hearing their daughter has been raped. Sure, there was a lot of emotions, problems and other things to worry about, but there's no way they could forget about something like this.
So there's a bit of inconsistency for me. But I don't want to bash, only explain my opinion, so please don't take it wrong. Other than this, I actually enjoyed the story very much! Thank you for writing it :)
smashthat chapter 41 . 7/19/2014
That was a really great story. I just would have liked to see more of a future for all the young characters in this story. Heck even her mom. I was always rooting for Mike. Lol. I really enjoyed it. Thanks!
DeepAndSoulful chapter 41 . 3/17/2014
I am seriously in love with this story. I usually don't ever go with something so dark but not only did you make it work, you made it real. You didn't try to sugercoat anything and you brought up issues that would definitely have arose in real life. All in all, I love it.
Dominique Diane chapter 41 . 5/10/2013
Sad Story, but really good plot! I believed every single part, so painful that sometimes I ha to take a break. I loved the story so much and loved the character, Saige and Aidan :)
Regards,
Diane.
flamesflyer chapter 41 . 3/10/2013
So I decided to go through old stories on fp looking for one in particular and came across this one instead. Despite this story being rather dark and extremely sad, I found my self laughing at parts. Mostly just little descriptions for example half the setting is in North Bay and that's where I live. As soon as I saw that I assumed you were Canadian, but then questioned it when you spelt Barrie wrong. The other thing that made me laugh was the FernGully reference, Batty Koda is one of my favourite cartoon characters ever! I'm always surprised when people know that movie. For some reason not many people have seen it and I'm always like 'come on people it's on the list of movies all kids have to see'.
Anyway I'm off to read more of your work!
loveofallthatisawesome chapter 41 . 9/5/2012
Well, I really did like this story. I thought it was awesome how you didn't place the story entirely in the kidnapping stage; I wasn't expecting that. I liked seeing the aftermath of it all, and how the characters all came to be how they are, it was really interesting and refreshing.

As for constructive criticism, I'd say it seems a little simple right now. Kind of like something you read to pass the time because it doesn't require a lot of thought. That's not bad, it just doesn't have any major twists or mind-numbing moments. It was graphic at the beginning, but I feel like there could be more depth.

But really, it was great, and I loved the characters - especially Aidan and Saige, I love their names too :D
kbanna chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
Is her journal writing happening in the future? Because you had written they walked into the September chill, but the journal is December. Sorry. Just confused!
intercostalspace chapter 3 . 8/13/2012
well, i really couldn't blame the teacher, she was acting stupid really. she shouldn't listen to her classmates since i don't think they say anything nice at all.
Usuicross chapter 41 . 3/10/2012
The story was rather interesting, and your style seems like that of a professional author. I'm not really sure about the plot in some points, though.

Nevertheless, I loved it. :D

Imika
DeadHeartsAndOpenWounds chapter 41 . 12/21/2011
This story is absolutely amazing! I'm so surprised that more people haven't read this! First of all, I love Aiden and Saige. I love how they grew closer together throughout the entire story. I also love how Edgar wasn't just a normal kidnapper. He had a story behind his wicked ways, and I can kinda see where he's coming from. If Edgar was just a cliche kidnapper who wanted to kidnap them for the hell of it, then this story wouldn't have caught my attention. Although I pretty much expected Aiden and Sage to get together in the end, you added the suspense in their relationship that had me wanting to know what was happening next. Overall, fantastic story! :D

-DeadHearts
Freakin-little chapter 41 . 6/23/2011
Oh my God, you actually made me tear-up. I stayed up 'til...what is it now? 3:53 in the morning, because I had to find out what happened. I've never been so disgusted with a person in my entire life, when I met the character Edgar. And I fell in love with all the others, Saige, Aiden, Hope, Mike, Zeke, Lacey, Aisha. This story was addictive, and beautifully written, and you had a depth to it, the plot and the characters themselves, that others can only hope to achieve. Beautifully done.
kanae chapter 41 . 6/21/2011
I enjoyed reading this story...very beautifully written and portrayed...i was so lost in the story...i felt like watching a movie...great job.
ForgottenHope chapter 41 . 4/2/2011
AMAZING! holy crow... It was brilliant! The plot line, the writing, everything! I stayed up most of the night reading this and barely got any sleep til I finally finished it. It felt like it could be a Lifetime movie. Lol.

But really, I enjoyed reading this story immensely! The experience that Saige and Aiden went through, their past, their interactions and how they comforted each other... It was all so riveting... Beautifully written and portrayed... I was so lost in this story, just wanting to find out more.

I wish there were more scenes at the end with Aiden and Saige's interactions. I just fell in love with the characters and their life journey.

Again, I'll say this: that was absolutely brilliant!
jxnickel chapter 41 . 3/8/2011
That was such an oh so good story. :)

VERY nicely written. It deserves the 850 reviews it has!

At first I thought it was 40 chapters, oh my god! But then everything fits together, and I see that it all did work out as 40 chapters. :)

I was reading this as possible continuous for about 4 hours, and now it's all 11pm. Time to sleep..

Write more stories! And I would love it if you reviewed/read my uploaded story! Thanks!
863 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »