Reviews for Black and White
Kesshi Mashin chapter 1 . 5/4/2003
Racism sucks. Isn't that the truth. It stinks that your elders can't see beyond your boy's color. Well, it's good that you can look past that. Keep on writin...

*reads over first few lines* Hn... *whips out a flourescent lamp* Okies, here we go... *click* AAH! AAH! MY EYES! *stumbles, clutching eyes* ARG! *falls down flight of stairs into dark, dank basement* WHITE! WHITE! ALL I SEE IS WHITE! AAH! MY EYES!

... *few minutes later* Ah, that's better. *reaches out and flips light switch* ... huh? *jiggles switch* T-t-the light! NO! I'M BLIND! ARG! *runs around room, slams into wooden beam* Ugh... ah, that's better. Pretty yellow stars...

I really should stop rambling. I really, really should...
Dr. Seuss chapter 1 . 4/6/2003
nice poem...and oh so true.
Impressionist chapter 1 . 3/1/2003
love it. short, sweet, and very thought provoking. well done.
Needa S chapter 1 . 2/22/2003
I say each to their own. I do not judge anyone. Good job it is very meaningful. And you did a good job putting it together as well. Keep writing..
Rini chapter 1 . 2/22/2003
I agree! I totally understand, my mother doesnt like the fact that my boyfriend is black either. Lol but I just say I'm too light to be white that I should just be clear or something O_o

Color shouldn't matter, but sadly it does to many people out there.

A great poem really, to put such a strong point into such few words. Very nice. Keep it up.

R
Zemmiphobic chapter 1 . 2/22/2003
This poem is GREAT. It says so much in so few words. Racism is the dumbest thing ever. I mean, I'm not techinally white, I'm more tan! Hardly anyone is pure white or anything like that. It irks me to no end. We're all people with feelings and we go through mainly the same situtations, so why can't we get along? *shakes head* Stupid people. Anywho, Congrats on a 100 posts! You go girl! They've been great so far, and I'm sure they'll still be great 100 more posts from now! Keep up the great work!
Terra Tigra chapter 1 . 2/21/2003
WOW! I LOVE this! Racism really gets my blood boiling, its just one of those things that I can't stand. My parents are kind of like that too. I haven't dated a black guy but I think if I did my Dad would disown me -.-"

I think this is a really great poem to mark your 100th post. Really profound ;) Congrats on 100 posts! hehe *blows party horn thingy and throws confetti* hehe.

Thumbs!

Arrivederci!

-Terra Tigra-
Myogenic chapter 1 . 2/21/2003
Wow, that was really clever and it was also a good statment to racism, DOWN TO RACISM!

-Pix-
Blue6-Blood66 chapter 1 . 2/20/2003
this is a really short poem, but the emotions are all packed up. good work! racism sucks aight!