Reviews for Breakfast of Champions
toysoldier chapter 2 . 3/8/2003
o. the end is just incredible, the whole thing is really interesting, the way you chose the words you used. people's personalities are so hard to capture because they're so complex, but you've done a really good job with all these poems. great stuff.
p. goddess chapter 7 . 2/23/2003
Heh. Heh. *lecherous laugh* I already told you this is my favorite poem, and it still is.

Now that I think of it, why would I put a lecherous laugh there? Hmm. Must want to rape this poem or something.
p. goddess chapter 4 . 2/23/2003
This may be a bit off, but I think I know where "eg" comes from. (tell me if i'm right) When Death Fairy gives reviews, for some reason there's always an "eg" or something like that on the bottom when you check your e-mail. Am I correct? (If I am, the reason I noticed this is because I was confused by the "eg" also. lol)
p. goddess chapter 3 . 2/23/2003
Another one in which I cannot complain. (You already know what I think of this. *evil laugh*) But yes. *pat pat* Excellent/thumbs up/happy smiley sticker/whatever
p. goddess chapter 2 . 2/23/2003
Heh. The voice in this is so wonderfully different/distintive. I don't think there's anything broadly wrong with this one at all. I can't complain. (*is wholly satisfied* Whe)
p. goddess chapter 1 . 2/23/2003
Bwah. I guess you're forcing me to critique these now. *dies* (Well, ok. I'll give general comments and move specifics when I get my lazy butt around to actually specifically critiquing. Ahh. *is lazyass*)

.Luke. Besides the fact that I think the beauty of hedgehog's dilemma is wasted on him (lol luke, if you're reading this, i don't mean that in a bad way per se), I think this poem does entirely too much explaining and not enough saying. (Does that make sense at all?)

What I'm trying to say is that it's brilliant as always, but it seems like Luke's voice does too much justifying (like this is too much of a "this is what the hedgehog's dilemma is," "this how I'm explaining it") instead of just actually saying how he feels. Arg. Ok. I suck at explanations. Maybe I'll try more in the specifics. *slinks away, embarassed*
Rose of Dresden chapter 10 . 2/21/2003
Lol, wow, I caught both the cummings reference and the Vonnegut reference! I'm so proud of myself.-. Anyway, they are all so beautiful, ach, I envy this class. It actually reminds me of a class I had last year, my AP US II bunch.I should have done something like , but you did it much better than I could have. I love all of them!

Wonderful, as always
Rose of Dresden chapter 4 . 2/21/2003
reminds me of cummings.

(and I love cummings)
Rose of Dresden chapter 3 . 2/21/2003
Yah, I hope this constant reviewing isn't annoying -. I love these poems so far. So personal, yet I can relate, and I wish I knew these people!

Love the part about Chopin in this one.
Rose of Dresden chapter 2 . 2/21/2003
Okay, yah, I didn't realize there were more chapters. Sorry -.

Anyway, this is brillant as well.

love this line:

"think sometimes he's a bit jealous of himself."
Rose of Dresden chapter 1 . 2/21/2003
lol, okay the title reminded me of Kurt Vonnegut (whom I adore). But the poem is wonderful. Ahh, I envy that you're surrounded by all these inspiring people. Can't wait to see more!