Reviews for The City of Lost Dreams
Ainu chapter 1 . 1/8/2010
This is very interesting and creatively written. I love it. )

My dream must be there somewhere...
Tenika D chapter 1 . 11/25/2003
Very interesting - I must say, I like it quite a lot. The last line in particular was quite good; I thought it had a nice ring to it. Well done! The theme was very cool: I love poems involving dreams.

Tenika Dargan
E. M. Grinlord chapter 1 . 10/30/2003
Oh! Nostalga! I swear, those are MY dreams! I want them back. Wow! I love this poem! I have mixed emotions coursing through me now. Awesomeness!
Anjeni Windsinger chapter 1 . 9/23/2003
Amazing.. just amazing. Brilliant.
Aria chapter 1 . 7/29/2003
Thought it was high time I got around to reviewing your FictionPress stuff. So:

*shakes head wonderingly* I still can't get over how you can make everything rhyme so effortlessly. That's a gift, really. And I loved the imagry in this thing - especially the last stanza. Wonderful. *hurries away to read more*
Grateful Duckie chapter 1 . 7/25/2003
I haven't really come across many dark poems that aren't about suicide or something. I thought The City of Lost Dreams was beautiful and thought provoking. Great work.
c0rvida3 chapter 1 . 7/14/2003
Brilliant poem, the words are perfect for the whole poem, Good job! I really like this poem.;)
Kyalia chapter 1 . 6/9/2003
Good metaphor.
Lonestar Sweetheart chapter 1 . 5/18/2003
I'm impressed. I'm pretty new to FictionPress and this is one of the more mature pieces i've come across. Great work.
Winged One1 chapter 1 . 4/27/2003
Amazing...there were two parts that really struck me: "But the castle he built is crumbling" and the entire last verse. The story you told is excellent, and the way you describe it is simply fantastic. winged one
aleppine chapter 1 . 4/14/2003
a city where dreams go to die? Ingenius. Fantastic. This, of course, opens the door to an infinity of ideas ... if dreams die, they are alive, so they may possess a soul-like quality, which means they have complex feelings as we do, in which case they are conscious beings aware of their surroundings and actions, so they basically know what they're doing ... it gets pretty colourful ... i really want to ask that recurring ngihtmare what the hell it thinks it's doing?

anyway - back to the poem. Last line is also amazing - skeleton queen, watching it all. I enjoyed the rhyme scheme in this, because it was carefully put together WITH regard to syllables and things, and not just forced to rhyme. These days, most people who try to rhyme just end up sounding cheesy or naive. Ok, will now go read more ...
d7-Poet chapter 1 . 2/24/2003
Now I realize this probably doesn't sound like it has anything to do with your poem (which I enjoyed btw) but it does.

Did you ever stop to wonder if cities were alive? Well they sleeping. And they dream, and sometimes it's possible to stray into a city's dream, but what would happen when the city woke up? Yup.I just re-read that and it makes no sense at all. Anyway, I like this dude named Neil Gaiman and he writes stuff about sleeping cities (and cities that wake up).

Anyway, can't wait to finish reading your stuff!
SerAnonima chapter 1 . 2/21/2003
what can I say this was a great piece of i read i found myself in this imagery you used and the great choice of words took me there. Great work.