Reviews for Quiet Veneers
Myra Storms chapter 1 . 4/5/2003
wow. I really love the way you write, I write poems too, but most of them are just corny love poems, well except for masquerade of course. My pride and joy.
tarnishedoversoul chapter 1 . 3/31/2003
oh man, that's just really cool- especially the last little bit. (what else could I write, I don't have the right)

TO
Bloo Heart chapter 1 . 3/9/2003
Goodness, I LOVE this. . .a lot of it doesn't seem to connect with everything else, but here and there is a line that helps to tie it all together and bring the meanings of the stanzas a little closer in. This poem was amazing, chock full of opinion. . .for some reason the line "I'm as useless as a broken vase. . ." reall hit me.

Oi, excellent job!
Amaris chapter 1 . 2/27/2003
First of should be "a stillborn rose," not "an stillborn rose." I'm sure that's just a typo but wanted to bring that to your attention anyway. I really liked the end "We have died trying, but we have never tried dying - and that makes all the difference." Using opposites, and yet it's true (in most cases). Unfortunately, most of this poem did not really touch me until the end. Those last three lines really stood out in my mind. I also liked the bit about "God has been murdered by the offending sun - and we havne't learned from it at all."
the Queen of Jupiter chapter 1 . 2/27/2003
It seems very disjointed, but almost like a jewelry box, in a 's all these different rings and bracelets, and they don't match, but they're all a gem by themselves. Each stanza presents a whole different thought and image. I love it! It's like opening an ancient chest in a musty attic. The last three lines are very, very thought provoking. As is the very last line, the one not part of the poem.

Keep writing! Peace
Impressionist chapter 1 . 2/27/2003
it seems as if this whole poem is being whispered in urgency to a third an attempt to make them understand what their going through. or something. :)

very well done. *very*.
Obake-Yuurei-Mononoke chapter 1 . 2/25/2003
Last stanza is the best. I love it. 'We have died trying' and 'we have never tried dying.'

Random images of random stuff. Me x10 randomness. They're all good, yes. Me likes the words, too. How much time must I say that?

Ultraviolet in the dad is obsessed with fishes at the moment.
Nerilka-chan chapter 1 . 2/25/2003
A little disjointed, but I really like your last stanza. You might change "an stillborn rose" in the first stanza to a stillborn rose. -Nchan
Kievsky chapter 1 . 2/25/2003
Although random and somewhat disjointed (with a new idea introduced in every stanza) your shifting of thought functions well to make this more personal, more like a stream-of-consciousness than something full of greater truths and meaning. Not to say that there isn't some meaning here, because there is. But this doesn't try desperately to seek out all truths, and doesn't pretend to. They're great to read simply as observations on various aspects of life, interesting and thought-provoking.

(p.s. Thanks for the reviews)
Rose of Dresden chapter 1 . 2/25/2003
ahh, you know how much I adore this. The dead presidents, and Plato, and all! ah God, you're writing continuously amazes me.

lovely!
lemoncane chapter 1 . 2/25/2003
i liked the "we have died trying, but we have never tried dying-and that makes all the difference. i reminds me of Robert Frosts poem two roads or something "two roads diverge in a wood and i took the one least travled and that has made all the difference" i think its some thing like that, okim done rambling. good poem!

ashley
charredrose chapter 1 . 2/25/2003
oh. *wide eyes* i REALLY like this. the randomness underscores a deep sense of sadness and dead innocence. this is wonderful, especially the last three lines. keep writing!