Reviews for The Fearless Man
Aerak3024 chapter 1 . 5/31/2004
w00t! Thats a good one! I definetly agree with your philosophilical thing. bwahaha, "fearless who men jump and die.".. I like.
Summer Walters chapter 1 . 8/22/2003
Very good. What you say is true.
All Mighty Terrestrial chapter 1 . 6/2/2003
"Courage is the momentary absense of selfishness." -Stephen Crane

The one and only thought that popped into my head while reading this, and I can't even claim it as my own. Tragic, that. I especially like the last line; "The fearless man does not exist." For anyone who marches into battle unafraid to die must truly be afraid to live. What more can I say? I always enjoy your poems.
Dream Angel chapter 1 . 5/30/2003
This is so true! I /loved/ your ending and this poem was great! Nice little train of thought there. I hope you write more soon!
Frodo chapter 1 . 5/30/2003
Really intresting. I never thought about it that way. You did really well.

-Frodo
kiyoshi not signed in chapter 1 . 5/6/2003
"courage is not the absence of fear, but the will to do wat must be done - despite it."

wat i've been trying to say for a while now...good job. K
Werecat99 chapter 1 . 3/25/2003
I really liked this poem. It deals with a valid question. However, I couldn't help but wonder this: When you say 'man', you mean this as a human?

Because, in my POV, the females of the species have a different approach on fear.

Just wondering.

Your poem was well written, the words flow easily and it is thoughtprovoking. I couldn't ask for more.
JazzPizza chapter 1 . 3/11/2003
Ah- but is it that he does not exist, or that he does not exist as we see him? Perhaps he is, but he is not strong, or noble, or brave, as we might perceive such a man.

But I digress, this really has nothing to do with the poem itself, merely the philosophy. The fact that the poem brought across that philosophy so provokingly is a credit to it.

This poem, again, uses a great format to get its message across, although I feel in this case the message is more profound. I really enjoy this piece, actually, and its insight- although I have a small qualm here:

"There is nothing strong

about the fearless man—

for the weak man never sheds a

tear.

But it is the strong who shed them freely."

I realize this implies that the fearless man is weak, but there is nothing about fearlessness that implies weakness, nor do any of the lines above imply the weakness of the fearless man. This confuses the clarity that you've been bringing across in the stanzas above, with simplistic statements making hard-hitting points. Am I making any sense?

You seem familiar from your bio- I may have been wrong in the previous review, perhaps I have read some of your work before. At any rate- thank you for an entertaining read. I'll be back, perhaps quite sooner than later.
Needa S chapter 1 . 3/10/2003
So true! Awesome job! Keep writing..
Rini chapter 1 . 3/9/2003
This is very good, and very true. Your work always impresses me, so once again well done. Keep on writing _

R
Kesshi Mashin chapter 1 . 3/5/2003
Ugh, I HATE that damn Green Beret song; my military teacher (curse him.) ALWAYS sings that song during PT. -_- But enough of my ranting.

Hmm, that was a nice poem. I haven't been keeping up with your stuff lately, what with school and all, but yeah. Good stuff. Although. Hmm. look for a rebuttal poem in a few, aight? _ Ja mata, B-chan!
Impressionist chapter 1 . 3/1/2003
yes. I must agree. I seem to have lost track of you, and in finding your stuff again I am most impressed.
Terra Tigra chapter 1 . 2/27/2003
Hey MJ, nice job! I say the fearless man is the foolish man. Going and doing stupid things. Why? Because they can -.-"

This is really written well. One of those poems that kind of makes ya think. . Nice job.

Don't you just love it when inspiration comes along and falls in your lap? Who knew?

Five stars *, or whatever those little things are called, O.o'

Arrivederci!

-Terra Tigra-
RiddleSolved chapter 1 . 2/26/2003
I have to admit the authors note was so boring after the 1st line that I skipped it, but the poem was great! big thumb up!

Wery complicated for my brainsize. and philosofical or however you spell those words, but I liked it. I usually like poems and lines where the author does the thinking, and you read it, but sometimes it's good to think myself. :)

so good work all in all!

*dragonhope*