Reviews for Angel
Anumati chapter 1 . 2/27/2003
This is so darkly ironic, and on such a real issue of addiction. It gives me chills.

Your knack for getting inside someone else's body is a marvel to behold. There's someone in reality who's probably lived out a scenario frightening close to this.

Heh, I love the fact that Angel makes a comment on how alcohol screws you up, even when she's on the brink of addiction insanity herself. Excellent comparison.

The only two things I didn't really like about this story is Angel's name - sounds a little preppy IMHO - and the fact that Angel's a mostly-unlikable character. Drugs make people do terrible things. I guess that's the price they pay.

Great work, Tim
Whisper to the Water chapter 1 . 2/26/2003
It's got an interesting flow, and I can definitely hear it being performed. I like how you chose to put it in present tense, first person. It gives a sense of immediacy as Angel sees the birthday card and realizes how far her addiction has taken her.

I don't really know if it qualifies as stream-of-consciousness; it's a little too structured for that. (Ever read "Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man" by James Joyce?) You're always fairly conscientious about spelling and punctuation, but "kirate" should be "karate" in this. You'd better fix the mistake before Red sees it and uses you for a human punching bag.