Reviews for Karafilis on a Train to Istanbul
the Queen of Jupiter chapter 1 . 3/29/2003
Oh yes. That was a particularly striking character, and you embodied her perfectly in this poem. You took her and made her all your own, and I commend you for it.

Keep writing! Peace
Amaris chapter 1 . 3/6/2003
This would probably make a lot more sense if I'd read the Virgin Suicides. Anyway, I like the second stanza where you talk about "the rope," "here bi-yearly journey back," and "the few seconds of ghostly joy that make her human again." Unlike your other poems, this one has a purpose (as in a story/plot). Your others are usually more interpretive. Although it does not flow as well as your other poems do, it's a nice change.
I like Hotohori more chapter 1 . 3/5/2003
Is Karafilis a Turkish name.? Obviously, I haven't read the book.

I do feel sorry for her. Poor Mrs. Karafilis. You captured the sadness and the lonliness(for me) in the poem.

Hm. I don't know dolly mou, though. Que es eso? .was it?
lemoncane chapter 1 . 3/3/2003
it was a lovly poem, but enough with the wirgin suicids. you get a button for the poem !
Commie chapter 1 . 3/1/2003
Seeing as how I don't know what the character is, I can't respond to conent (but that's just standard for me). Anyways, the "close the light dolly mou" the first time through should include a capitalized "C" but use of that repition..don't have much else to say
Rose of Dresden chapter 1 . 3/1/2003
ah, this character sounds fascinating.i really like this poem, it is so making me want to read this , my "to-read" list is miles long -. but i really love this poem.(sorry my reviews aren't as creative as yours.)