Reviews for Weathermen
Amaris chapter 1 . 4/6/2003
Strange...I could've sworn I had already reviewed this one. I guess I didn't. Anyway, good poem, a little more intense than your usuals. Maybe it only appears that way because of the long stanzas.
the Queen of Jupiter chapter 1 . 3/7/2003
Nice imagery and word choice, flowed well. And it sounded nice read aloud. Very pretty.

Ah, but what am I talking about, I only understood 17.43% of it. But is it really possible to only understand part of a poem? Or is all or nothing, you either understand the whole thing or you don't understand anything in it whatsoever?

The goldfish are looking mighty coy today. They've been winking at the lightbulbs all day, and the lightbulbs shiver in delight.

*runs away on stockinged feet*
FalseExecutioner chapter 1 . 3/7/2003
yep i lost sanity (goes outside and tries to catch it but ends up running into tree) well it was historical and im confused right about now one more thing have u been on nationstates lately because i havent been on for so long i think they deleted my nation well cya
Obake-chan chapter 1 . 3/5/2003
The sky is oily. Never heard that.

I liked the 'The Huguenots know _. And also the weather connection throughout. It started with sky and ended with sky. Very good.

Towards the end, the 'War on Terror' came to mind. Boo war!
Impressionist chapter 1 . 3/3/2003
You are posting so many new ones so quickly that I am having trouble keeping up! :)

I find it interesting that the Huguenots 'know there is no God' yet are gods themselves. A conflict in terms of power, maybe? Or maybe only trusting in the mythical, and not the biblical? Maybe I'm wrong and there was no the meanderings of my thoughts. well then! I shall close commending you for a job well done.
Doublethink chapter 1 . 3/3/2003
For somebody who doesn't know much about it, it certainly is beautiful. Usually poems like this get me bored but when they don't I know it's a really good one Great work.
Commie chapter 1 . 3/1/2003
Seeing as how my mother's ancestry is traced on one side through the huguenots.I must tell you that they weren't victorious, and that they did believe in god behind the moon. They just disagreed with the whole catholicsm wow! campaign. America wasn't neccessarily nice to them either. That's all I've gotta say.
Rose of Dresden chapter 1 . 3/1/2003
we could taste their wallflower

style and their conversations

and the banter of jazz prisoners.

you have no idea how much i love those lines! this is perfectly cynical. wonderful and sarcastic and oh i do love it immensley! forgive teh annoying gushyness of my review, but this is a brillant poem