Reviews for A Marriage Of Convenience
MissDalgaard chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
So, I actually finished reading this a little while ago, but I haven't had the time to review until now.

I like the idea of your story. The plot is enticing and I want to keep reading. When/if you rewrite it, though, I think you should consider how much time/place/how many words you use on the different scene. The beginning scene about the background and the whole 'we-hate-each-other' part takes up quite a lot of words and then it seems that suddenly you remember what was supposed to happen and the climax is EXSTREMELY rushed. So use a little less space on telling the reader how their life is when they hate each other, use some space to tell about the transition, because that is really rushed as well (while reading her declaration of love I was wondering whether is was a joke she pulled of to trick him or maybe that she was just looking for a one night stand) and then a lot more space on the end - especially the part where she decides to leave (give a bit more reasonining) and the happy-ending-part could probably have used a whole chapter more.

Otherwise I think you should consider rewriting the prologue/first chapter because there's SO much history and background and it's really hard to get through and that's not exactly how you pull people in to read the entire story. I actually procastinated reading it because of that.

Also I think it would be great if you got some clues in earlier in the story about the whole deal between Marcus, her father, the Walkers and so on.

I really like the plot line though and I think you have been great at getting the whole rich-girl character in. And her parents. Oh, litlle extra thing: try the been more clear about her transition from rich-girl to girl-who-cares and maybe describe early in the story that she had been differnet while at college.

Lovely work. Keep it up.
drats chapter 38 . 1/14/2011
Loved your story. I think the ending was perfect, especially since it made it seem much more realistic. I also really like the prologue, the way you explained everything. Again, great story, loved it.
funnechick chapter 39 . 10/15/2010
So, I was perusing through another author's favorites when I stumbled upon your story. I've spent the last day reading all 39 chapters, and I've really, really enjoyed every bit of it. You took the used-to-be-common-but-now-not-so-common idea of arranged marriages and really told an amazing story with Carly/Liv. I loved the way I could truly hear her voice through each and every chapter. I think the quality of story-telling and writing was fantastic. And even though I'm reading this years after you've finished, I'm so glad I've found it, and I hope this review makes you smile! :)
Shikaido Yuki chapter 39 . 9/14/2010
Certainly haven't seen a story this good in a long time! Thank goodness you don't put it down (like the other great authors usually do TT). Keep writing :)
sammi.sammy.sammie chapter 38 . 8/31/2010
This story was amazing! i love your writing style , and how you chose to write the story! thanks for writing , you've got talent!
honey splattered brains chapter 38 . 8/7/2010
AWW THATS SO SWEET D idk why carly's brother would change his name though. thats kinda random. wasnt his name rick? im pretty sure it was XDD
honey splattered brains chapter 35 . 8/7/2010
OH MY FUCKING GOD ): ): ): ): ):
DreamingInNewYork chapter 1 . 8/6/2010
I really liked it!
honey splattered brains chapter 27 . 8/6/2010
27 chapters in and they still havent seen any potential "like" with each other yet... DAMN. XD
AbsolutelyFunky chapter 38 . 8/3/2010
this story is really well-written, and i love it. the epilogue was unexpected, but it added a bit more depth for me, and let's not forget that there actually is a happy ending, which completely clinches it for me. thanks for sharing the story.
LanternLight13 chapter 38 . 7/26/2010
I did not expect that ending, which is why I loved it so much. It made this story exceptional. Thankyou for sharing.
Annalise Farran chapter 2 . 6/25/2010
I love this so much!
tsk chapter 38 . 6/22/2010
Who is Taylor? What is up with the change of names? There is no story development. A little explanation would have been nice. This could go a long way if edited. ugh
SapphireBlossom chapter 37 . 6/6/2010
This story was so good. But the ending was sad :(

I read in your profile that you are writing a sequal? Please start posting it ASAP!
ghurl00 chapter 38 . 5/18/2010
I like this ending much better. The other ending is so sad, I couldn't take it.:D Clark is awesome, so is Carly.

You're a genius!:D This story is awesome!:DD
1,163 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »