Reviews for A Marriage Of Convenience
Garneau chapter 39 . 12/31/2009
WOW. That's pretty sums up my perceptions of this story.

It was a really enthralling read.

Well had an incredible amount of character development. It was easy to follow as well. I loved how many facets the characters had that made up their personality. I read the story not realisng that it was written as someone's story. In the epilogue, I was a tad confused by the name changes intially, but I soon clicked on.

I love a happy ending. When I read chapter 37 I have to admit I was disappointed that the main character didn't get her happy ever after. But the epilogue made it all good.

Thanks for sharing this story. Its an awesome piece of work.

desmoulins.
0-ancient-greece-rocks-0 chapter 17 . 12/21/2009
great!
buznuz1 chapter 38 . 9/5/2009
I read this story in maybe about a week, i stayed up till 2am and cried and aughing and screamed and punched my hand in the air, this story seemed so real. and thats a problem with alot of modern authors, they don't realise the power of human emotion they think its all about the plot or the writing stlye, but its not. its about the emotion, the feeling, that the reader...feels, while reading the story. this was an amazing story that was beautifully written and i like both of the endings and i agree with the first one about how its not always about having a happily evef after ending (although they can be great aswell) its about the story behind it, I (unlike when I read JK Rowlings) loved ur epilougue, and i got that taylor was marcus, u should get this story published its amazingly written and has real emotion., i hope u continue to write such wonderful stories.

From Buznuz1

P.s. For some odd reason i really like angela's character, it seems very real, like that she didn't suddenly decided to change, she stayed true to her character throught out, and i laughed my ass of when i read kent was bi) :p
TheSkyIsGreen chapter 39 . 8/10/2009
Hey! Love the story. If you're not done revising and editing, could you show a few more scenes of Kent/Angela? I feel like I kind of "missed" their story. So, if possible...maybe?

Thanks!
Felicis chapter 1 . 8/10/2009
This already sounds like a very interesting story! It's doesn't sound cliche, and I really like your writing style. It's very fresh :)
Jessiquie chapter 39 . 8/10/2009
Wow. This story is amazing. I just read the whole thing in two days and all I can say is wow. I definately can see what everyone at SKOW raves about the story and its always highly recommended and the first suggested when someones looking for something to read.

I was going to say theres some typos, and missed words in sentences, but you're already aware of that (as evident from this chapter). If you're going to do a major rewrite (and from what I gather from this chapter is what your planning to do) I'd suggest just starting at the start, from the very begining chapter. That way theres no confusion (for you or the readers) over which bit happens where and which chapter needs to be updated, but hasn't been and all the rest. Also would mean that when you add in your small sub-plots that you wouldn't have to rewrite a chapter one million times, because it doesn't fit with the chapter before it.

Despite the fact that there are a fair few typos and missing words (were only human, it happens to all of us) the writing is still exceptional. Despite the grammer issues and the rest, the story still flows so well. The anrrative voice and the characterisation are excellent. The subtle hints as to the whole framing and style of the story (which is so unique) is fantastic and carry's the story really well. The ending is so creative and I loved it, although to my own disappointed I found myself more attached to Carly and Clark, than Parker and Livy (a weird thing to notice, when one considers themself to be the same people, just with different names). While there was a slight disappointment, I also found myself thourougly intrigued and relieved as well. Congrads on writing such a well-loved story. ANd well-rounded, nothing seemed mary-suish or too over the top.

Jess
sarcasm is my middle name chapter 39 . 7/31/2009
Love, love it!

EXcept the whole changing of names was confusing...

but it was awesome!
DeadWomenTellNoTales chapter 6 . 7/17/2009
LOL. 10 Things I Hate About You.
MelodieCC chapter 37 . 7/17/2009
i know that this ending was meant to be different and you're avoiding the whole cliche thing, but i'm addicted to cliches. i guess u can call this a happy ending but the thing i don't get is how Carly and Clark can just move on like this; it seems like they've just moved on with no regrets, like their whole relationship, their feelings toward each other was nothing. how can Clark love Carly and then go with Sharon, and how could Sharon just accept him like that?

ohh, so many questions!
Knowledge is Power chapter 39 . 7/16/2009
wonderful
key of A major chapter 6 . 7/13/2009
Hello, nice story very entertaining and all, I just have one question to ask, She is a writer that does not like to read. hmm this makes me doubt her ability to write anything worth reading. What was your thought process when deciding to use that device?
FireStarter45 chapter 1 . 7/11/2009
I like it! it captured my attention and makes me want to keep reading! your very gifted with words. good job!
AlisLuvsU chapter 38 . 7/8/2009
Oh man, this is the best story I've read on this site ever! It had a great plot,amazing character dynamics, and comedy that had be laughing at 2 in the morning. Really, REALLY great! I hope you continue writing, I really do. The only thing I have to complain about is the end of Liv's book, where Carly and Clark split. I literally had a heart attack. Then I read the last chapter and said myself, "So THATS what happend." Great job and you can definitly expect more reviews from me for your other stories!
AlisLuvsU chapter 31 . 7/8/2009
All I can say is, "AW!" Seriously, I finished reading the last line and I clapped a hand to my chest just like the steriotypical sap that sits at home on a Saturday night reading fiction press. I absalutely LOVE how these characters are growing towards each other. GREAT job!
Jaliy chapter 38 . 7/4/2009
Great story! very nice...

good job!