Reviews for Beyond the Horizon
fei-yen chapter 9 . 2/21/2005
Woah. I honestly thought this story was killed. I'm glad you finished this, I really like it. Well actually that goes for all your fics. I think you're really talented.
FrogSaint chapter 1 . 12/14/2004
I have really enjoyed your work and in my opinion you have a great talent.
zozsnash chapter 5 . 8/19/2004
Okay I've worked it out now they are both men. Sorry.
Anyway I was right in a sense it is a amazing story. Keep on writing.
zozsnash chapter 2 . 8/19/2004
Hi, just a little question are both your main characters men? was the bad 1 pretending 2 b female? Because I'm lost but I'm sure it's a gd story.
Kylasya chapter 4 . 8/7/2004
This chapter was really my favourite so far, which is funny, because it wasn't a monumentally huge chapter for plot, nor particularly long... But I thought it was really important for character growth.
You really get a feel for Saul and for Justin as characters with the POV switches in this chapter.
Justin is quirky, a natural Down-To-Earth, funny guy. I love his little off beat comments and thoughts..
While Saul...
Saul is angsty, tormented... Deadly..
They really make a good pair for character opposition..
Besides, I loved Justin's comment after Saul killed the assasin, about having a mini-heart attack. I think that's why I love this chapter so much..
You played with the character a bit.
Fun fun... Although.. *serious face* more like.. angsty fun.
more please?
Kylasya chapter 3 . 8/1/2004
New Covenant is an amazing setting for this story.
It seems like a very hard-edged world.
I love this chapter!
I like how you revealed the relationship between (who I now know is) Saul and Deacon. That was very touching...
And that Justin is just so innocent that he would follow Saul on his word. (Yeah, he instinctively trusts him, and is already wanting to do 'im, but he still has to be slightly naive, which a neat touch in a cop.)
so... Write chapter 4... Now...
please?
Kylasya chapter 2 . 8/1/2004
I like the switch-up in perspectives, gives me a chance to see what Justin thinks, which seems to pretty the same thing as B. (as in: meow, what a hottie, lol)
The way you wrote his thought process was neat, using punctuation to show his hesitancy to continue certain thoughts.
Haven't seen it done that way, but I enjoyed it.
But oh... Justin's in a relationship. Oh no... Is he "committed"? This could create problems...
YAY!
Kylasya chapter 1 . 8/1/2004
Very beautiful beginning.
I already feel myself adjusting to the characters, and struggling to get the entire story.
You've set this up really nicely, showing us how "Beatiful" is haunted by his past, and trapped in it even now.
I like the little prologue as an opener, and showing how B. struggles to remain cold. I think I'm already caught on the storyline, which is unusual for me, because I'm not really into things set into the future, but I feel like this is realistic enough to keep me.
oh... There's a chapter two, watch me shimmy over..
DragonsEclipse chapter 1 . 3/2/2003