Reviews for The Hobbit
Balin Lord of Moria chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
Very interesting. I may write an essay or two based on elements of The Hobbit that fascinate me, too.
EsutaKisuke chapter 1 . 12/19/2012
I found this extremely helpful and I would like permission to use this essay to prove a point to the current exam board I am studying under as I need proof that The Hobbit is of the Classic genre. P.s, I noticed you occasionally missed out words etc. Just watch that especially for essay writing.
Many thanks

EsutaKisuke.
essayreader chapter 1 . 10/5/2012
good essay
Loganberry chapter 1 . 3/2/2003
While this isn't at all a bad essay, I do have a couple of quibbles with it. The first being that you say that The Hobbit "uses three of the five elements of a classic novel" - that means nothing to me, the reader, unless you explain what *all five* elements are, rather than just the three that apply to this book.

The other slight problem is that all three of your quotes come from the very beginning of the book: rightly or wrongly, this tends to create the impression in a reader's mind that the writer hasn't actually read very thoroughly beyond that. You could easily dispel this impression by using a couple of quotes from further on in the story.