Reviews for The Worst Vampire Story Ever Written or 'Fania'
Syth Colbalt chapter 7 . 10/21/2003
Oh! You must update! You must! Don't leave us out here without more! Update!
Typesour chapter 7 . 10/20/2003
Wow. This is such an intriguing story. I love how you can be vague with the characters' description and the plot, but it just makes perfect sense and it's easy to undertand. This is a really good story. Great job!
Gabrielle chapter 1 . 6/5/2003
READ ANNE RICE! Oh, you have? Pity we can't all emmulate her style...
LiLpAt1771 chapter 7 . 5/26/2003
I lyked it but he ending was sad but i guesseit was lyke dreadful. I can't wait for the epilogue!
kaika switched chapter 7 . 5/16/2003
A starving author, are you? Well, I suppose you can feed on my review because I liked this story. It went by quickly though, whiched sucked for the reader, but it makes once excellent short story. Keep writing!
Starbrat chapter 2 . 4/29/2003
Nope, I'm not 'innocent li'l girl. I usually leave signed reviews, unless I'm too lazy to log in. Story looks interesting though, I'll be back later to read the rest of it.
InNoCenT li'l girl chapter 1 . 4/19/2003
Cute li'l story! WaHahha! Write some more..
SamanthaDB chapter 7 . 4/13/2003
It was both tragic and fitting, I think. Really, you have a marvelous style! I love it.

(oh, and an aside- my story on , no, it wasn't Eowyn, it was a boy- read more carefully).

But that's beside the point. I like the ending to this story, it really wraps it up nicely. You are talented!

-Samantha

PS some updates here on fictionpress are up
draculena chapter 7 . 4/12/2003
Very nice ending. I like it alot. Very Anne Rice-ish, (which is good!). Perhaps you could pull a Lestat and have Stepan 'come back,' or a Claudia and have him be one of those warning spirits, like Marley in Christmas Carol. Anyway, good job on the story. Hopefully you shall continue with the adventures of Fania...

PS: Highly recommended that you see Nosferatu- it's the first Dracula movie ever made, 1922 silent film. The vampire is Count Orlock bc the producers never got permission from Stoker's widow to the story. Law suits followed...
IrishVampire13 chapter 6 . 4/8/2003
Hi, there! Thanks for the review. Lol, it was quite flattering; I'm very new to the vampire-related genre, so I wouldn't be too certain that I'm as good as you make me sound, haha!

This is quite good. It isn't very detailed, but, as you said, it can be hard to inject detail into first-person narratives; detail is something I've been having to work on, myself, lately. But it doesn't interfere with the overall quality of the story.

I *am* curious as to what the relationship between Stepan and Yulia was; that much is unclear. Former lovers?

I think an epilogue would round the story out nicely. But I'm not sure who she should end up with. Most likely the Count; it appears a bit too late for Stepan. But if there *are* any romantic connections in the epilogue, if you write one, they shouldn't come too quickly; naturally, Fania needs time to get over her loss. And I'm pretty sure that Olcescu is still mourning, as well. But it would make sense if, in the end, they wind up together, maybe as mutually comforting each other, at first, and then becoming more.

Like I said, this is very good. Peace! :-D
tffny012 chapter 6 . 4/7/2003
wow...interesting !
Sqwonk chapter 6 . 4/7/2003
O! it was good! I'd like to know more about the Stephan and Yuila (sp?) relationship thing because for some reason I'm getting the impression that she's an elderly-ish lady, but that's just me, and I'm messed in the head, so don't listen to me. I somehow get these weird impressions so it's not you, it's just me, so don't worry (ask Draculena about the Daniel/Wylle thing).

but anyway, IT'S GOOD! (i've repeated myself about 10 times already...) -_-
Crimson Ink chapter 6 . 4/7/2003
How did you come up with the plot? It was interesting and addictive. The characters were set and they played out the story well. I think you should write more, from one author to another.
Subversive Beauty chapter 6 . 4/5/2003
good, good. yes u should write more and make it fania/olcescu. that should be good. keep up the good writing. byes
Tears of Stardust chapter 5 . 4/5/2003
Hey, I was just reading your story and I noticed a few things that might make it a little more enjoyable for a larger audience of readers.

1) The story just of a sudden jumps into a situation where Stepan is forced to choose between a mortal life or the life of a vampire with Fania. I think if there was more of a backstory it might make the decision seem more agonizing and his choice all the more important. It also helps because, as a reader, when I read the first chapter it took a few seconds to get my bearings in this story, something that my suggestion might eliminate.

2) Although the characters are pretty well-established (since it's the second last chapter of the story) I think that there could more depth added, say a private conversation between Fania and Stepan whereupon Stepan laments his choice to become a vampire and wishes that she had never suggested it, or perhaps a coup to get rid of the Count unexpectedly, whether they followed through with it or not.

Anyway, that's just my opinion. Remember, the only way to become a better writer (and everyone needs to be constantly striving to be a better writer) it so keep writing. Good luck with this story and future endeavours.

~Tears of Stardust