Reviews for My Job Book 1
Innocent Stalker chapter 14 . 7/12/2003
Wow, read this all in one go. Found it quite hilarious and really makes me think. I'll have to keep coming back to read more.
IHJ chapter 14 . 7/11/2003
Very entertaining. Glad I started reading it now instead of when it first started because it is VERY engrossing. I live in M'sia (no Barnes & Nobles here), but I do promise to try to be more friendlier to the employees of Times and Kinokuniya and MPH next time I go there!
Chestyr chapter 13 . 7/4/2003
That was cute.

(Was it supposed to be?)
Evre chapter 12 . 7/1/2003
Despite my laughing my ass off at this, it's surprisingly very well written for a collection of bitchings and random snippets of oddities (Note that's not meant in a derogatory way... hell, Life's generaly that way anyway).

Keep writting, I'll keep reading, it's a win-win situation... I think. Oh well, either way, more funny crap is told and laughed at.
Adia chapter 14 . 7/1/2003
A very nice piece of work. Funny, sarcastic... lots of things I like about this. :)
Tiefling chapter 10 . 6/30/2003
Heheh. I've got no sympathy for smokers either. If they get smoking breaks I'm taking chocolate breaks.
celena chapter 13 . 6/27/2003
Hmm...

I haven't gone out to buy the book yet... but I would probably have bitched and moan if I couldn't find it. Although not too loud, grasping the concept of how big HP is... I still would be disappointed... Well, I promise you this : When I go out to buy the book (Not having pre-ordered it), and when I'll be told there aren't any copies left or availabe, I'll remember to keep smiling, and not get all pissy about it, because "blowing you" is a consequence harsh enough to make me a better person. :: winks ::
Tiefling chapter 5 . 6/25/2003
Good line to the customer at the end. No WAY is a statue of Buddha anything to do with the devil. Sorry- it's probably confusing the way I'm reviewing these out of order.
Tiefling chapter 13 . 6/25/2003
I can totally sympathise. One time (in the underwear store I worked at) there was this total craze on diamonte g-strings. Why you would want one I have no idea (sharp stones up the bum crackpain) but people kept on demanding them and couldn't seem to accept it when we ran out. "But WHY don't you have any?"

Your writing always makes me laugh (I mean that in a good way).
Someone Out There Cares chapter 13 . 6/25/2003
*cracks up*
garza413 chapter 13 . 6/25/2003
ok. ok. I loved it. I think I can relate. I have worked some shit jobs curretnly I go around a kiss peopls asses so they will leave me a tip. And it is always the dam assholes who don't leave a tip and still want good service. f* that. I'm a regular shopper at b&n. I will try to follow the suggestions you made toward customers. And if I have every been rude to any other emploiee working at a shit job this is my official apoligy. I'm sorry. I can relate but you know some times every one has a bad day, if only money grew on trees
tresparadisE chapter 13 . 6/25/2003
this rules. i cant wait for more of it.

just out of curiosity (based on your last chapter) how much does borders pay versus barnes & noble?

anyway, great job i love the commentary and strange anecdotes. keep goin!

cheers
Tiefling chapter 3 . 5/13/2003
lol! Doesn't it make you wonder how the country keeps running when it's full of all these morons! My pet hate is people who just can't seem to understand the concept of queueing.

The stupidest question I've had so far was (in the lingerie store) "Where are the bras?" Er... everywhere, hanging on every single wall and clothes rack.
Tiefling chapter 1 . 5/13/2003
I found this a very entertaining read. I can totally sympathise. I have some similar stories about my job in a lingerie store (a lot more potential for 'exhibitionist types when you have posters of scantily clad women all around the place!). You might want to check out a website called .com
The Cavity chapter 4 . 5/7/2003
Do you know where I can find a book about the_? (Just kidding)

Man, I think this is hilarious. I always wondered what the people thought of me every time I went in the store to buy a book and now I know.

This is hilarious good Job!
177 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 Next »