Reviews for My Job Book 1
Shannon chapter 7 . 7/2/2005
Jesus people are dumb. If you need to get people to line up in a certain place a cattle prod should be handed to anyone doing it.
gangster-dolly chapter 1 . 4/9/2005
Lol, fucking hilarious. Nice. Ah, the sins of working in retail.

gangster-dolly
chitoryu12 chapter 14 . 3/22/2005
okay, the first part of this chapter gave me bad images in my head. Ignoring that, I was laughing very hard throughout this.
orangepen23 chapter 1 . 9/29/2004
That's hillarious. It sounds as if you at least have something interesting to do for work... Working at a bookstore would be so cool..
B chapter 3 . 9/11/2004
I haven't even reached the third chapter and already I'm laughing my way through your memoirs. I can relate, hands down, I feel your pain, I know how it is. I work as a cashier drug store pharmacy. Your work could be published. Keep this up.
Masked Coconut chapter 36 . 9/2/2004
I have to say, this is my most favorite thing that is posted on Fictionpress, hands down. I read, I laugh, I seethe with frustration with yah, DarkHorse- these are brilliant, brilliant. P'raps, someday, you could publish these as a series of memoirs from working at the B&N. I would definately buy it.
Love it, and lookin' forward to Volume 2.
-MC
Bianca chapter 36 . 8/19/2004
OMFG your job stories are amazingly funny!
I really have no choice in words right now since their always so funny.
I just want to say you can always make this girls gloomy days into a bright one.
Will be looking forward to more over your adventureous job _
amanda chapter 15 . 8/16/2004
hahahaha... i love you... not in a weird kind of love like i watch you from a distance... the kind of love that you feel when you realize someone can... AND DOES hate people as much as i do... (i'm not a people person)
-amanda from the cafe :)
p.s. there is a regular (40's lady with bleach blond hair) that piles about 30 books on her table, maybe buys a small coffee, leaves all of her mess and never buys a book... yeah... i'm not exactly nice to her anymore (we have... lets call them issues) and she's complained about me three times already... i'm almost proud
C Shot chapter 36 . 7/31/2004
This made my wait for work a little more barable.. Ive decided that since i dont have an alarm clock and I have to be up at work at 4 in a few hours itd be best for me to accidently forget to sleep.

Now off to read your oter work.

C Shot chapter 26 . 7/31/2004
"The customer is usually wrong"

You're wrong here, the customer is ALWAYS wrong. I cant think of one time the customer has been right.

C Shot chapter 24 . 7/31/2004
Ive read this through and I can say as a cashier at grocey store/ gas station that everything you say is on the money no matter what place you are dealing with customer service.

Especially with crumpled up money and throwing random objects, getting angry at us for things out of our hands and so forth...

On the bright side, you never actually had to call the police to get a drunk guy that was threatening to kick me and my bosses's ass out of the place for closing.

Darkwater chapter 1 . 7/29/2004
You are aware that you have the story about the author of The Cannibible wrong, aren't you?
And, considering that performing the practices described in many of the books B&N has in its Sexuality section violate the laws of the state the bookstore is in, why wouldn't B&N carry the Cannibible, when growing/posessing small amounts of marijuana is perfectly legal? (Often these are the same states that hold that non-penile-vaginal intercourse is illegal.)
Kirin Faye chapter 3 . 7/2/2004
English language books... Let's just HOPE they meant books devoted to the topic of the English language...
"I'm looking for a book." Well...ya know...I have would say that was a no brainer except that other people evidently think you sell other things...
LOL! Employee dressed as Harry Potter. LOL! Please tell me it wasn't Halloween!
"Do you work here? (naw, I'm wearing this nametag and carrying around a pile of books and a PDT as a fashion statement.)" Ah, now there's an idea. I should try that sometime. There's no law against impersonating a B&N employee in B&N, is there? Can't you just see it? Me walking around like an employee and somebody comes up w/a question. "Sorry. I don't work here." Oy vey! That'd be tons of fun! (Or maybe I'm just easily amused...)
"magna" *groans* At least that's better than mango...
But B&N IS a library, isn't it? ~_ j/k
Ha! You should concider hiring a magician just to see what happens. lol
Well, yet another 15 minutes spent on your story.
-Love and Peace!
Kirin Faye chapter 2 . 7/2/2004
Lol. Love the way you answer the phone. Reminds me of one time when I asked how to make out a check at a gas station and the girl replied, "J'j'." Somehow that was supposed to translate as Jitney Junior, which I discovered, only after looking around for a sign. *rolls eyes*
*blinks* Totally love Michael's call. lol
"What's your last name?" ROFL! That guy's got guts if nothing else! lol
..."Thanks for getting the book for me"... *blinks* That guy wasn't listening at ALL!
Ha ha! Yah...you don't need those kinds of customers anyhow. Heavens knows B&N is only THE most popular book store (at least in my region). You can afford to tick one stupid person off. _
Love your writing. I almost wish my job was something to write about. Almost...
-Love and Peace!
False Pretences chapter 36 . 6/26/2004
DUDE! This is Awsome! Very funny. But I cant decide wether or not, you hate your job, or if you love it. Anyways, its great! I'm still laughing. UPDATE!
177 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »