Reviews for My Job Book 1
Jade Marith chapter 11 . 6/19/2004
Ugh! i know what you mean about the really stupid people!
Kirin Faye chapter 1 . 6/17/2004
Oh my gosh! Um...I have a feeling this really happened (even though it's on FICTIONpress) or is at least based on things that have really happened. Either way, fiction or not, it's appauling what you have to put up with! I'll definitely come back for more next time I'm feeling down about my job. _
-Love and Peace!
Katsuhiro chapter 1 . 6/4/2004
*brow furrows in hapless confusion*
... you mean you don't stock How To Raise Chickens? This is an outrage - how DARE you, refusing to facilitate my poulty's emotional, spiritual and physical needs. Chickens have feelings too. You monster.
Heh, seriously though - great article, very entertaining! Beats the shite out of the majority of stuff I've read written by the other writers here.
Le Creature chapter 35 . 5/3/2004
This remains as one of the few thing still enjoyable to read in the essay section.
Queen Alatariel chapter 3 . 4/29/2004
::dies laughing:: Ah, the infamous, 'Do you have this book? I don't know who it's by, or the title, but it looks like...'
I worked in a mall bookstore for 6 years, and that's got to be the #1 question to make fun of by employees. I can add to your list of weird things people ask too: 'Where's your non-fiction section?''Do you rent these books?' or, my favorite, 'Do you sell podiums?'(still don't get the podiums thing...wtf?)
Wow, so much of this sounds familiar...no shit, just pee...people leaving food...(B&N stores don't have ladders into overstock but the mall B. Dalton's do...we've had kids climb the ladders to play stupid monkey and hang on the bars) Can't say I ever found any poorly written notes at the store, but I've seen plenty left in classrooms. That one actually wasn't too bad, gramatically, in comparison. x.x Have found religious fliers and business cards stuck into books in various sections. Including New Age.
Overall, this is priceless (and a really twisted trip down memory lane). Thanks for the good laugh...hm, must finish later...
Schuldig chapter 34 . 4/29/2004
Though this is my first review for this story I've been following it since the very beginning and I must say that I really love it. It's been said before by others but I'll say it again, 'cause it's pretty damn true: your story is simply hilarious.
You have a very unique and entertaining style of writing and I really hope you keep this up for at least another 34 chapters, 'cause I really love to read. It always makes me laugh so, so much :)
Oh, and BTW: you asked if "Scheisse" was spelled right: Well, almost. It's spelled like this (though I'm not sure if English keyboards even have that typical German character): "Schei├če"
But I guess it's okay to just spell it with a double-s anyways. :)
Ja, Schu-chan
FAKEromances chapter 34 . 4/28/2004
It is because you are SERIOUSLY AWESOME. I swear in other languages also. A LOT.
HAH, the bit about the sexual harrassment panda really got me. It brought back memories. Probably not from anything you meant it to, but still memories! I seem to remember one of my guyfriends was very much in need of a lecture from the sexual harrassment panda. Although when he told us about the concept of a sexual harrassment panda, no one believed him. But perhaps that was because he said the panda was a man in a panda suit. I'm not sure.
Uh, yeah. I should stop rambling. Anyway. Excellent hilarious chapter. I agree muchly with a lot of your points :)
Admiral Rupert chapter 9 . 4/28/2004
Heh. That letter HAD to be written by some middle-school gurly-girl. Poorly written and very, very pathetic. Gag me.
Admiral Rupert chapter 4 . 4/28/2004
Meh. I don't know how you manage to keep these random ramblings entertaining for so long, but you're doing it. Hopefully it'll last all 34 chapters.
Oh, and you should work on typing out Southern accents. I'm Southern, and even I didn't know what the heck "whaaite whaaines" meant. I thought you were talking about Haines briefs or something.
Admiral Rupert chapter 3 . 4/28/2004
Thanks, man - you've destroyed all my faith in humanity's future. Man, people can seriously be dumb. I'm going to be a bus driver one day so I can find dumb people and run them over - that's natural selection for ya.
BuffLie chapter 34 . 4/26/2004
"Do you know how to avoid eternal torment in Hell?"
Haha! Oh man.
You continue to make me happy I don't work at B&N. I'm always going to the one by my apartment... and now I make sure not to be the kind of customer you rant about :P Though, I do love to sit in the aisles.
FAKEromances chapter 33 . 4/24/2004
You know, I've been following this story for a little less than a year now, but haven't reviewed yet for some reason. I'd just like to say that this is damn HILARIOUS and I really spaz out when you update. Like, "OH MY GOD! SHE UPDATED! I CAN READ MORE OF THIS EXCELLENT STORY!"
...Uhh, yeah. Anyway. I love this brilliant work of yours :).
Tiefling chapter 22 . 4/4/2004
hehe it's been quite a while since I looked at this (good god, you've uploaded about 10 chapters since last I looked!) but it still amuses me. I can totally relate.
Callie H chapter 1 . 4/3/2004
Nice story! I really like your style. You demonstrate the humor in all the situations very well.
Also, I shop at the same B&N where you work. Just thought it was odd enough to be woth mentioning.
Steven Lawrence chapter 33 . 4/2/2004