Reviews for modern poetry
mastergopher of LiveJournal chapter 1 . 9/27/2005
Reading this made my skin go cold. I don't even care when you aren't saying much (though here you certainly are), you have this Voice, which is utterly yours, and sounds it's barbaric yawp, rooftops of the world, &c. It reads like a combination of train-of-thought and an attempt to rein it in coherently, and it works. I can feel how much you care and what you really mean more than I can *think* it. It's like showing rather than telling.
byrdgirl chapter 1 . 4/4/2003
Not all the great poets were brave and audacious. Some were very tame, but you're right. There are a lot of bland poets out there. There's a lot of bland art(Kinkaide is so pretty...but so bland). There are some interesting ones out there too though. I've found joy in reading Tony Hoagland and Octavio Paz. And even though he's a singer, I still consider Hugh Blummefeld a really excellent poet as well. You might want to check out some of his stuff.

*_*

byrdgirl
ShinigamiForever chapter 1 . 3/19/2003
Rock on, Marlene.
Piper Cub chapter 2 . 3/11/2003
DELETE this chapter! _ What you wrote in the first chapter is too wonderful for you to be making excuses for it.
E. Gao chapter 1 . 3/7/2003
AH!

What I'd like to know is, when are you getting published.

seriously, this is so goddamn gosh-wow awesome - I read it twice

and still have yet to digest it all, only

the powerful WABAAM behind the words (and only

a small bit of the whole, I bet)

but this, this and you and your writing, this will

never die. not as

long as you write like

this.

EG
Keriana Williams chapter 1 . 3/6/2003
.Wow. Took me a few times of reading that to fully comrehend what you meant, but I got the general gist fairly who DO have "courage" have the modern-day type of courage."Blah-de-dah, I'm so brave, oh I;'m sorry did I hurt your feelings? Here, let me grovel at your feet so you'll still love me." Is the basic idea I get when I think of most of todays 'courageous' writers and such.
Terra Tigra chapter 1 . 3/5/2003
*suddenly goes cross-eyed* Now look what you've done!

Damn straight there's no courage anymore. Everyone is afraid of treading on someone else's toes. I know I am sometimes. Of course, there are a some out there who aren't but they are few and hard to come by.

Good points here. I don't believe there is more than one or two capitalized words in this entire thing. I salute you.

Arrivederci!

-Terra Tigra-
Paradoxical Goddess chapter 1 . 3/5/2003
I love you forever for writing this.
Loganberry chapter 1 . 3/5/2003
The word "riverrun" springs to mind for some unaccountable reason. ;)