Reviews for Reasons for Leaving My Faith
Emil Boyd chapter 1 . 12/8/2014
What makes you think that God is man-made and you are not God-made?
Sakka-Fenikkusu chapter 1 . 11/12/2006
I'm an out-of-the-closet atheist because my parents rock that much, and I hope that you don't have much difficulty with yours. I've had plenty of people try to convert me and I really would prefer it if you didn't have to go through that. Nice work.
thepausebutton chapter 1 . 6/17/2006
I know *exactly* what you mean. I, too, am a closet atheist and will someday (like when I'm 18) get up the courage to tell my parents, but untill then, I'll just go to church like a good little Catholic and pretend... I even take the Eucarist (did I spell that right) I'm that dedicated to my charade... umm... yeah, this could definately be longer, but it's still really good.

Cya,gaelicdragon
JoseJavi chapter 1 . 6/7/2004
shit, you read my mind! we are equals brother! im a punk and an atheist who has not come out of the closet. really good. Ah suggestions. um...longer?
Anarchist Bob chapter 1 . 2/29/2004
I agree with you totally. My mom nor anyone else except the people who reads my Biography on fanfiction and on here knows I'm Atheist. I'll get up the courage one day. Maybe. I wonder do you have any suggestions on how to tell them? E-mail me if you do. It's
Tori
Michelle Mickle chapter 1 . 3/6/2003
Hi there, I wasn't Bored, I was interested.

I'm not an athesist, I just don't believe in anything that hasn't been proven. Christianity is one of the major religions of the wolrd that caused wars and bloodshed, but no one has pointed out a god or savior in the streets who saved them. It was all written down by a few old, angry celibate men and revised during the middle ages to bring in converts.

Whooa I'm taking to long, but I do think everyone should be able to believe in whatever they want as long as it doesn't hurt other people. The basic concept of most religions is peaceful, but so often adminstered with hate and violence that I had to question it.

Man, I should my essays up sometime.
Mystic Kiwi chapter 1 . 3/6/2003
this is a very profound piece. YOu have clearly thought about your reasons for leaving your faith, however it would be nice if you could've gone into more detail.
RYoung chapter 1 . 3/6/2003
You got your point across pretty well, could have been a bit longer though.
hemlocke chapter 1 . 3/5/2003
Interesting start, but leaves several unanswered questions on the readers mind. You state that you believe religion and gods are you never state why this is true. We can all believe anything we want. I can believe the world is flat. That doesn't make it true. Why is religion and god/s man-made? What proof do you have for that? Why do you believe that to be true?

If you can't answer these questions, then there's a very large chance that it's not it also leaves you with very little reason to leave something :). This is a very large step to make. You may be right. But you may be wrong. Think about it very carefully before leaping ahead. :)
Loganberry chapter 1 . 3/5/2003
Sounds reasonable to me. I'm an atheist, as it happens, and mostly share your views on the matter. I'm glad to see, though, that you don't fall into the trap of fighting intolerant religion with intolerant atheism.
Thomas Thomas Thomas chapter 1 . 3/5/2003
I could not agree more with you, but i find myself agnostic more than atheist just beucase i realize that no one is right, not even the scientists and its best to look throughly before deciding on a religon. Most just carry that of their parents.