Reviews for Flowing brook
ByYourSide chapter 2 . 1/15/2010

Still liking this story very much!
ByYourSide chapter 1 . 1/15/2010
Whoa, that is definitely a gripping beginning! It's nearly 2 am and you've managed to hook me into your story! Man... I really wonder what will happen. I love that she's a Christian! It brings such an interesting dynamic to the story, I love it. Plus, I'm a Christian too. :) Very, very gripping beginning. Cannot wait to see where it takes off from there.
KimHua chapter 50 . 10/15/2005
What an incredible story...

You have a marvellous way of placing the reader in the scene - right from the beginning I felt like I was there, an onlooker, watching the anguish each character went through, my heart aching to DO something for them. But I was utterly helpless, carried on a relentless journey through the unfolding story like a floating log in the rushing waters of the rapids. At times I was enraged, other times I was just scared. In some scenes I felt fear, horror. In others I was able to smile and relax, enjoying the pleasure of the characters' happiness. :-)

So thank you for sharing this story with us. It was wonderful, too, to see your heart's passion to walk worthy of the calling we have been given by our great God... :-) Hebrews 12:1-2
Alexis Kent chapter 1 . 3/7/2005
Wow...what a beautiful story. I had actually come across Flowing Brook 2 without realizing it was a sequel (yeah, I'm slow at times) and got just a bitty bit confused. :P I'm so glad I came across this piece! It's really a masterpiece. I like the line, "All tears dry eventually."

I look forward to reading your other works. :)
Serene Waters chapter 49 . 8/31/2004
Wow! That was excelent! There were a few noticable typos in every chapter, but nothing I would ever dwell on. This story was so awesome! I haven't read a well written Christian fiction book in a long time, it was very refreshing! You did such a great job! This is very good writing, the changes from one point of veiw to the next was very seamless and smooth. Although every now and then you would have the wrong gender and it was confusing for a moment, it was always enjoyable to read. Congratulations on having the best piece of work on this site to date! Praise the Lord!
~Serene Waters
ChristBeliever chapter 1 . 7/15/2004
Wow! What a story! I'm looking forword to reading everything you've got!
Las chapter 50 . 6/22/2004
Hei! I've read this story in three days and I loved it. It has some important spiritual lessons; thanks for writing it, I'm going to start Flowing Brook 2 today and I'll review it too. Thanks for this last chapter, it was very important. God bless you!
Edraith chapter 50 . 6/10/2004
I’ve just finished reading Part I of „The Flowing Brook“, which has accompanied me over the past weeks. Wow. I am deeply impressed. My suspense was kept throughout the story, and I can’t wait to find out how it goes on (just in time for the sequel ;-) ). It was never boring, and I always looked forward to the time when I could continue reading.
I like the way you shift viewpoints, take on the thread at the same event and start to relate it from the other person’s point of view. That makes the story much more multi-faceted and varied and so more interesting. The same effect is achieved by the different text types you include, such as diary entries, poems, letters, or that great idea with the dreams. The dialogue you employ is great as well, I especially love the witty interchanges. ;-) I absolutely love that poem “God of wonders, God of grace”. Also the dream passages, the one with the doors, and especially the one with the candle vs. the Light. That is my absolute favourite passage in the whole story. It spoke to me directly and deeply moved me, not only because it was so stunningly well-written, but above all because it met me at a point where I am in a similar situation at the moment and guess I have to blow out my candle and cry for His light just like Rhea … Wonderful, wonderful passage.
As for the message of the story, I guess you can imagine already that I like it. Your comment (“ramblings” as you call them) at the end is very profound and true, thanks for stating that so explicitly, and I agree wholeheartedly. Right, I’m going to have a look at the sequel over the next days. I hope the story will be finished eventually, because I hate being kept in suspense, and I cannot stand having to read something and not getting to know the end. That’s why I haven’t read any of those unfinished stories on FP so far – apart from yours. ;-)
Caitir chapter 50 . 3/20/2004
*glomps* you're my favorite mean author ever!
Caitir chapter 49 . 3/20/2004
*cries* no! it's done? i'm going to go off in a corner and bawl like a baby now... you've left me hanging and i want things to happen and they aren't happening and it's done and... wa *runs off sobbing and wailing*
Caitir chapter 48 . 3/20/2004
that was lovely! but i don't want her to go! and only 2 chapters... i'm going to cry when i finish this just because it's over!
Caitir chapter 47 . 3/20/2004
*huge gigantical massive humongous... really really big grin*
Caitir chapter 46 . 3/20/2004
happy girl! i need more. i can't wait for sequelness!
Caitir chapter 45 . 3/20/2004
0.0 that dream sequence... just... oh my goodness. i'm going to have to read it again, at least 3 more times, to really get the full impact. just... wow!
Caitir chapter 44 . 3/20/2004
aw. yay! *goes off to have a little party*
242 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »