Reviews for Living with a God, Ghost and Son
Rach chapter 6 . 8/30/2004
HI!. can I just say something I am christian but I do not belive in the trinty as there is nowhere in the bible which says so and it has always confused me.
and another thing Jesus wasn't claiming to be god he was saying that you go though to god thourgh him.
I am sorry if I have offened you I respect your opinon and I'm glad you are sharing it but please recept mine to.
please update soon
see ya
tzncz chapter 6 . 8/29/2004
Wow. Double wow. It takes a lot of guts to write about stuff that you know not everyone supports. And everything you wrote then was, and still is, and always will be, true. It takes a lot of guts to write the Truth. Nice work. Keep writing!
tzncz chapter 1 . 8/29/2004
Wow. I am a fellow Christian and you have my support. That fly incident was amazing. Hard to believe if you're not a Believer, but I am a Believer, so I believe. Keep writing!
zoe chapter 1 . 6/23/2004
Speaking as a Jewish girl from Ireland where 99.9% of people are still strongly Catholic i find it hard to agree with wot u sed. have you ever heard of the magdalene sisters? u shud look them up. they sed they were acting out gods will but in reality they were sadistic women who forced unmarried mothers to work in laundries for the rest of their lives. this is no exageration. also what about the priests who have abused countless young boys in many countries im sure thats ok coz theyre catholics and of course gods on their side. also theres so much guilt in catholisism for every thing you do wrong you have to tell a preist? wtf who are they to pass judgement on a fellow human being wot makes them better? just had to get that off my chest. im in no way saying my religon is better than ne1 elses and there is a commandment in my religon to learn about other relgons so you can broaden your hoeizons some other people mite be well off to remember that 2 peace out
Jennifer Strong chapter 1 . 4/30/2004
If anyone here says that John Lennon and George Harrison are burning in hell I'm gonna start busting some caps...
KalliopesMuse chapter 1 . 1/23/2004
Beautiful. You've covered a lot of points though some can be a little vague. And by the way whoever it was who said it, I know a lot of Christians who don't go to Christian schools.
safeya chapter 1 . 1/8/2004
I understand a lot of your points, especially about the fact that people don't appreciate God, and don't think about heaven and hell in this life. I am a Muslim. I believe in heaven and hell, I believe in the Day of Judgement, and I especially believe that God is the creator of everything and deserves all praise. These are NOT things that make Christianity different from other religions. Christians, Jews, and Muslims all believe in these basics. But there is much more to religion that just loving God. To love God is to obey his orders, and this is why the world is so messed up. People can claim all they want about loving God, but until they act upon it, nothing will change. I don't want to attack your beliefs, but I do believe that your writing comes across as a bit narrow-minded. God is the only judge, and it is not up to us to decide who goes to hell. That is why God sent us the Torah, the Bible, and the Qur'an-to guide us so that we follow his orders and when we are truly judged, we have the chance to go to heaven. As for why God let the Devil survive-God knew that Satan is evil and would not change. The existence of the devil is a test, and material life itself is a test, that is what islam is all about. You suggested in your essay to read the bible for evidence of God's word. I know this sounds offending, but we all know the Bible was changed over time. Ask any historian-King James was one of the people that distorted the true Bible. I suggest to you and anyone else to read the qur'an, the unaltered word of God. I apologize for such a long review, and I hope that you consider some of what i said.
Song of the Muse chapter 6 . 10/10/2003
Word painter:

God does tell us that we do not need to be around "bad" influences. If being around a person of a separate religion would harm one's faith in Christianity, then yes, they should avoid that person. Rather, they should allow someone of stronger Christian faith to befriend them, or wait until their faith becomes more firm so that they can stand any lies that the devil will throw at them through false doctrines.

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS AND CHRISTIANITY ARE VERY VERY DIFFERENT. VERY DIFFERENT.

And yes, Christians ARE narrowminded. Jesus was narrowminded. He has a set of rights and wrongs which we are to follow. So we have to be narrowminded. We can't believe in "relative truth."

Oh yes, and it is our Great Commission to plant the seed of His Word in all people. We're not trying to convert, necessarily. We're just trying to tell you all we can about God. Then we'll step back and let Him work.
Song of the Muse chapter 5 . 10/10/2003
Wordpainter:

If you want to say that Christians have lower IQ's, please do a statistics research first. Then let me know.

Christians should love NO ONE the way they love God. He deserves more love than anyone else.
Song of the Muse chapter 4 . 10/10/2003
God does have ultimate control, but He is not majorly interfering until the time for Revelations to become reality is here.

There are FIVE types of people in the world. If one of each type was stuck in a desert, it'd go something like this:

Type A: They would give up, die, cursing anything that could possibly have put them in that situation.

Type B: They would pray for rain. It wouldn't come, they would die, and they would go on to heaven where they would never thirst again.

Type C: They would pray for rain. It would come and they would continue on their way, trying to follow God, and be preparing to head to heaven one day.

Type D: They would talk to God and thank Him for their blessings as they try to find water on their own. Many would die because they didn't ask God for help. Some would find water, but it wouldn't be as sweet because they didn't ask God where to find the best water.

Type E: They would thank God for their blessings and ask Him where the water is, at which point He would make a decision whether or not He should tell them where the water was or allow them to come Home.
Song of the Muse chapter 2 . 10/10/2003
Wordpainter,

Jesus was a Jew. A Jew who broke all the Jewish rules. Wait. No, He wasn't just a Jew. He was the KING of JEWs!

You are of the belief that as long as you worship a god, you are worshipping The God. Or at least that's what I am concluding.

Keep in mind that God is a jealous God, and He wants NO OTHER GODS BEFORE HIM.

Yes, the other religions are perhaps brilliant in philosophy, but they don't truly give us the hope that Christianity does. I've researched some of the last words of many of the leaders of religions (such as Buddha and others) and many say something along the lines of "keep striving to do good." Jesus was the only one who said "It is finished." He has given us the ultimate hope because He has given us the ONLY way to heaven ("Man is saved by grace alone, not by works lest anyone should boast." "I am the way, the truth, and the life, and no one comes unto the Father but by Me.") There is only one road to the top of the moutain. And Jesus is it.
Song of the Muse chapter 1 . 10/10/2003
I just want you to know that I have read your essay and your reviews...

To wordpainter, perhaps you'd like to talk to me sometime. But one thing is for certain, Christianity is WAY different from Jehovah's witness.

Oh yeah. And about how people who don't believe in God and His son rotting in hell is untrue...you're right. You don't rot in hell. You burn. For forever. You can't rot, but I bet those who are burning wish they could.

"For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." Romans 3:23

Because of this, we are separated from God. When you're separated from God, you will have to go to the only other place that is offered after death (you only have 2 choices: heaven with God or hell without God). So you will go to hell. This is blunt, but true.

If you'd like to discuss this, feel free to email me. However, keep in mind that I do not want to really get into a big argument, so please remain civil and polite.

Oh yeah, and Of Royalty, I'm glad you had the courage to post this. I haven't read it all yet, but I will. Just keep in mind that the great commission calls us to tell the Word of God to all. God doesn't command us to convert people to Him; we just plant His seed. If we can plant the seed in people, He will water it.
Fallenangelchild chapter 2 . 10/7/2003
this time this chapter made me think of an email i got that is similar to what you have been saying. it said something like sum person asked how could God let sumthing like this happen? in light of sept.11 Sum person answered that "God was also deeply sad by this but for years people have been telling God to get out of skewls, government and worse our lives." so that chpter mader me think about that. if you want the email, i don't care wether you people are reading this, if anyone wants that email then email me at and i'll make sure to send you it along with maybe sum others that had to do with God or Sept.11th.

Liz
Fallenangelchild chapter 1 . 10/7/2003
wow. that really waz great. it made me understand more and for sum reason made me think about the stuff i have that others don't. But also one thing that many people claim to have or really do have. Thats faith. I am a 13 year old christian and i live in Worcester, Massachusetts and the skewl i go to has a lot of people that need saving...they need to see the light, but i haven't been any help. At my church i have been relising that people there, including myself, ,are sinning in church without even knowing it. Me being 13 and haanging out with other teens, we tend to talk about other people in the church or even about people who need saving while what we should be doing is praying. i don't know how this chapter said all this but there's just something about your story that makes me want to cry bcuz i haven't been the christian when people need it most.

this really waz great and i hope you continue.

Liz
wordpainter241 chapter 6 . 9/30/2003
Hmm, your pretty, smart and and nice, just not to non-Christians.

You love God right? What if you loved a non-Christian the way you love God?

Would it matter to you that they were a Muslim, or a Jew, or even worse *shock horror* a Buddhist?

Would it matter to you that if you loved someone tomorrow you wouldn't be allowed to see them, because it would be disobeying your parents?

Back to that bible you love so much:

These are the three things that last: faith, hope and love, but the greatest of these is love.

And I agree. There are three things I believe in:

God.

Love.

Life.

You believe in God, but only the Christian God.

You believe in Love, but only believe in loving Christians and only when your parents allow you to love.

You believe in Life, but not for non-Christians.

Jehovah's Witness basically sums up your mentality.

Please, become less narrow minded, stop trying to convert everyone and let people find their own way to God.
65 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »