Reviews for Marginalia in an American Classic
Amaris chapter 1 . 4/6/2003
Nice, I like this one. It's true though...I've always wondered whether famous writers actually mean to write with double meanings. I'm sure most do (that's why they are works of art) but do some just get lucky? I remember once in English last year where I was too tired to think and wrote the most random sentences from vocab words and Mrs. Bryant told me my symbolism was absolutely wonderful. Then...as sarcastically as possible, I told her it was (I thought she was kidding when she said that to me). Apparently, she wasn't and she took me seriously. How crazy. Hehe, sorry for the digression.
the Queen of Jupiter chapter 1 . 3/29/2003
I love the second stanza, with the colors and how Fitzgerald used them and gosh, I could've sworn I reviewed this before and gushed about it in this same way. deja vu..._

*bounces, restless for the rain*

Keep writing! Peace
grey spirit chapter 1 . 3/28/2003
It's Gatsby. You've got to love the Gatsby. A keen venting of some writing thoughts too that I particularly enjoyed. Hurrah and huzzah, old sport.

Grey Spirit
Kievsky chapter 1 . 3/22/2003
You know your audience well here-this is foremost a poem for fellow writers. The second stanza is wonderful-"as if it had a choice." The whole theme is articulated perfectly right there, and also in the last line.

I know what you mean about the overanalyzation, especially in school-this year my English teacher made us find examples of symbolism in every chapter of a NONFICTION book. (exasperated sigh)

Anyway, I really like this. I think that some of the authors of the classics would be positively disgusted if they could see what symbolism and "Meaning" we've read into their prized works.
toysoldier chapter 1 . 3/21/2003
oh, man, can i relate to this. last line really drives it home, i love really powerful last lines.

T.S.
lemoncane chapter 1 . 3/20/2003
I think each day i get dumber and dumber, because i understand less and less,. it did sound lovly though.
Ogre Monter Demon-chan chapter 1 . 3/15/2003
Wee. Mi maestro de ingles es... He's like that, also. I don't mind it, because I don't answer, and the other people tell the answer. Hoho. Having an easy class there.

Absolutely agree with the first sentence. Images of a 15th century bar during night, feather pen scrip-scripping on paper.

Yay. I'm off topic now.
Rose of Dresden chapter 1 . 3/15/2003
Oh!

I love it and agree with it and the part about Fitzgerald writing in green and white and all is absolutely amazing! Ach, I love it!