Reviews for Der Geliebte
Sam Fraser chapter 1 . 6/15/2015
I hate it when Hitler is portrayed in films as some kind of caricature or personification of evil. He was obviously a hideously immoral and cruel man, but to portray him as some kind of demon detracts from the fact that he was actually a human being. He laughed, cried and loved his dog Blondie. I'm not trying to say "he had a good side", I just think it's far more important and harrowing to show the simple truth as someone like him could appear again given the right circumstances
Sam Fraser chapter 7 . 6/15/2015
I love this story. I always hate how Hitler is portrayed as some personification of evil. He was obviously a murderous tyrant and a very cruel man, but to portray him as a 'demon' detracts from the fact that he was a human being; he laughed, he cried, he loved animals. I'm not trying to say that he had a 'good side' or that he 'wasn't all bad', i just think it more useful to show the full picture so it can be used as a warning to prevent another person like him from appearing in the future.
BarnabasFrid chapter 8 . 7/12/2005
"Seeing through my eyes, as seeing through your eyes. Words cannot express, words cannot express... Words are- Useless."

I have no other form of comment for your story. It touched me as no other has. Words cannot express...
Wings As Eagles chapter 1 . 5/25/2005
I have to say I've never read a story dedicated to Hitler before. I also have to say that if it weren't for him, two of my family members would not have been cut down like dirt on the other side of the world.
Robin chapter 1 . 4/13/2004
This was a very good blending of historical fact with fiction. It is rare to find a story with Hitler that stays true to recorded history. It is very hard for most people to write Hitler as a sympathetic character, but you have managed to do that quite well. There has been a lot of research done lately on Hitler's relationship with Geli. The impact she had on him and to what extent his psyche was fractured even more by her murder/suicide is certainly one worth exploring more.
Heinrich chapter 1 . 6/24/2003
I love it! I read up to the 8th chapter, but I don't know why I reviewed it on this chapter. Anyway, this is such a good story! I noticed that you like Rammstein, well I agree! I love this whole story with Hitler in it and his other side. I always knew that there was another side to him, but I wasn't aware that anyone else knew! I am glad to see someone realized it and even made a story about it! I love this so much!
Darth Gilthoron chapter 8 . 6/13/2003
Actually this was not the end of their relationship, but you are the author, not I, so I'll keep my big mouth shut.

Btw: Poor Maurice was probably driving as fast as he could anyway, he was in love with Geli and wanted to marry her. The boss was against it, of course. My sister recently mentioned he even fired him because of that...

And I'll say the same for this chapter as for the last: Congratulations.
Darth Gilthoron chapter 7 . 6/13/2003
Eichmanns Steinherz? Nice! *gg*

You have no reason to doubt your talent! That you are able to write about Hitler in the first person means forme that you are really good; I wouldn't dare to do so, even though I know him well. I can handle Goebbels well enough (maybe because he is so similar to me), but I for my part would have stayed away from Hitler. And I congratulate you to the way you managed to deal with him.
Kusakabe Maron chapter 1 . 6/12/2003
Hmm...this quite interesting. I think you have a real tallent for writting, especially for a story like this. Many people don't look at Hitler as human being, but as a monster for all the evil he did. But this story reflects mor
GoodBye Everybody chapter 8 . 6/1/2003
OH MY GOD! ! ! *gasping* This was so WONDERFUL. . .OMG, DER FÜHRER WOULD BE SO PROUD OF YOU FOR THIS FIC! I am in TEARS right now. . .*I'm SO sorry for reviewing so late, I've been so busy with my new job!*

Again, this was just heart wrenching and so emotional, and I'm so happy you wrote this story! ! !

*The Mighty Sisto*
pinkdragon chapter 8 . 5/28/2003
Did you notice that I was the very first person to review ch 8 and review #30? The note I was actually requesting was a suicide note. I think I remember reading that Geli was either found clutching a note or had one in her pocket. The contents of this note is still under specualtion (like they're really going to solve it anytime soon). Maybe my request was too subtle. hmm. Well, you're more than welcome to contact me privatley (via email)

tootles

pinkdragon chapter 8 . 5/27/2003
Blushes profusely Thanx for dedicating your final chapter to me. Aw, doncha just wanna reach out and hug him? I'm glad that he answered no to Mitzi's question. How could he give his heart to someone after losing a loved one as special as Geli? This was so good! I wish I could write longer fics. I am sad to see it come to an end. I wanted it to go on forever and ever. But, uh, where's my note that you promised? That's okay, I didn't miss it that much. Your great penmanship made up for its absence. And dedicating ch 8 to me was certainly a plus. Thankx, btw, for translating the song in "BtJ" for me. As I predicted, the song fit perfectly.

Thanking you agian and again for superb work,

Stalin's Inner Child chapter 7 . 5/21/2003
Beautiful...I adore this story.I've read every chapter and loved it. Although chapter 5 was my favorite, this one is still wonderful. You write for him so perfectly, and in first person too. Most authors would only end up embarrasing themselves with a project like this, but you pull this off with skill and grace. I wish I could say something more helpful, but this story just leaves me speechless.
pinkdragon chapter 7 . 5/20/2003
Absolutely heart wrenching! You handled Hitler's angst very well. I would still like to see a note in this. I'll manage if there's not. It's a great story no matter what. One question: Wasn't Geli's fatal wound to the heart or thereabouts? I think I remember reading that; but, as Darth Gilthoron keeps reminding me, most of what I have read has been a lie. So, please, take no offense and overlook my idiocy if I am indeed misinformed.

In any case, I look forward to reading more. . .

Sailor Chibi Moon chapter 1 . 5/13/2003
Hmm...this is very interesting, and well written. Very dark, but also passionate. Keep up the good work. _
41 | Page 1 .. Last Next »